• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Japanese 'Garand'

I really really want the type 44 in this game. Lighter weight, shorter barrel so you can get closer to walls, less sway, less accuracy, faster bolting and more recoil than type 38.

But i really DO NOT want a semi-automatic for the Japanese. This shouldn't be put in the game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Love this idea. The Japanese kit needs a boost and a decent semi-auto rifle would go a long way to address the fun deficit on the axis side.

As it is, Japanese weapons are just not as fun as the elite American weapons you get right out of the box: flame throwers, Garands, BARs Tommyguns... I have yet to hear anyone complain about Allied weapons but you do hear it a lot in game playing Axis.

I realize the devs went hard on weapon realism and had to compensate later with gimmicks like booby traps no one uses and banzai charges that bring awkward melee animations to gun fights. As a result, Axis "wins" on many maps are these phyrric repetitive spawn, banzai, die affairs that emphasize the less satisfying aspects of the game.

I realize some people enjoy the challenge of winning with inferior weapons, but I think they are outnumbered by players who play fps to shoot guns at others players and the American weapons are just more fun to shoot. That's all.

Upvote 0
Its great that RS diden't include the Jap-Garand just to make it more "balanced". Don't bring on thease prototype weapons like HoS did. I honestly like RS the way it is and I don't think it needs any more weapons, the devs' allready made a fantastic job!
(But can I please get my Stuart soon?;))

Indeed. Two wrongs doesn't make a right. It is the MKB who shouldn't be in the game, and they shouldn't introduce another rare prototype gun in RS with that gun as an excuse.

Upvote 0
Love this idea. The Japanese kit needs a boost and a decent semi-auto rifle would go a long way to address the fun deficit on the axis side.

As it is, Japanese weapons are just not as fun as the elite American weapons you get right out of the box: flame throwers, Garands, BARs Tommyguns... I have yet to hear anyone complain about Allied weapons but you do hear it a lot in game playing Axis.

I realize the devs went hard on weapon realism and had to compensate later with gimmicks like booby traps no one uses and banzai charges that bring awkward melee animations to gun fights. As a result, Axis "wins" on many maps are these phyrric repetitive spawn, banzai, die affairs that emphasize the less satisfying aspects of the game.

I realize some people enjoy the challenge of winning with inferior weapons, but I think they are outnumbered by players who play fps to shoot guns at others players and the American weapons are just more fun to shoot. That's all.
If you play Action or Relaxed Realism then just rank up and use Allied weapons.

Upvote 0
I find a lot more satisfying killing US side with Japanese weapons, alot of Americans weapons are disadvantaged in the noise/giving away your position scenario, I can listen to a BAR man fire pinpoint his location, wait for his 20 round mag to empty, then watch him panic as I whip out my "cold steel" :p

Also the first level type 100 is very good, I prefer it over the Thompson in a lot of scenarios.

Upvote 0