• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Jagdkommando (German Clan - Warning Big Images)

Witzig

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 16, 2006
Germany
We're a Clan/Unit for People, fluent in the German Language (spoken and written), we do post here since there a are some German speaking people who only visit this Board, and there are people around the globe speaking German. And this helps us reaching them. If you can't make any sense of the following post, don't worry i only know 2 Languages myself :).

But you can still visit our Website and comment on the Graphical Layout, the Forum section "Allgemeine Diskussion" is also a place where foreign Visitors may leave a comment or two (only English or German please).

werbeplakat-ostfront2.jpg

Die neu aufgestellte Einheit - Jagdkommando Ost - hat noch Stellen offen!
Die Einheit ist ein Sammelpunkt bzw. Heimat f

You could learn German :)

Well we're a german based Clan, which has the "Jagdkommandos" as Historical Background, those were units assembled on a as need Base. Drafted from avaible Units (Volunteers) to do special Missions (Attacks behind Enemy Lines, Ambushes or disruption of enemy Logistics). They were intended to weaken, hinder, disrupt and to tie up Enemy forces.

Those Jagdkommandos were seldom fixed units but there were some out there which did stay around for a longer time as a Fixed Units. We did not choose any of these but represent a generic Jagdkommando Unit. Generally it was considered to be a honor being a member of a Jagdkommando.
Usually they were no bigger than 3 Companies...

We are using small Unit Tactics using small Trupps and seperated Panzertrupps and we use Callnames for those Trupps which fit into the usual naming Conventions of the Wehrmacht.

Upvote 0
myzko said:
What the difference between a normal "ro clan" and a realism clan?

Though i personally don't care about this distinction, and would say that we're a Unit which does a bit of roleplay/virtual reenactment. I can answer your question.

Generally Speaking a Clan is usually a community of like minded Individuals which play one or several Games together. This is a normal RO-Clan/Unit if you want, a realism "Clan"/Unit is a themed "Clan"/Unit which tries to conduct itself on the Battlefield in a realistic Manner, and is not using Gamey Tactics, even if those would give you a disadvantage.

For example, instant-exiting out of Tanks after each shot would be something very heavily frowned upon in some Realism "Clans"/Units, while instant leaving a Tank to defend against Infantry arriving in a BA-64 and popping out instantly can be constructed as necessary, since the Tanks lack some defenses against Infantry they had in RL (tossing out Grenades out of the Top Hatch, using the small Fireports, firing with Personal Weapons out of Hatches and the Claymore Style Anti Infantry Explosives on the Tiger).

And as a closing note, one can surely say Realism "Clan" though most people in those "Clans" prefer to be reffered to as Units. Its simply more fitting to the Theme.

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
Though i personally don't care about this distinction, and would say that we're a Unit which does a bit of roleplay/virtual reenactment. I can answer your question.

Generally Speaking a Clan is usually a community of like minded Individuals which play one or several Games together. This is a normal RO-Clan/Unit if you want, a realism "Clan"/Unit is a themed "Clan"/Unit which tries to conduct itself on the Battlefield in a realistic Manner, and is not using Gamey Tactics, even if those would give you a disadvantage.

For example, instant-exiting out of Tanks after each shot would be something very heavily frowned upon in some Realism "Clans"/Units, while instant leaving a Tank to defend against Infantry arriving in a BA-64 and popping out instantly can be constructed as necessary, since the Tanks lack some defenses against Infantry they had in RL (tossing out Grenades out of the Top Hatch, using the small Fireports, firing with Personal Weapons out of Hatches and the Claymore Style Anti Infantry Explosives on the Tiger).

And as a closing note, one can surely say Realism "Clan" though most people in those "Clans" prefer to be reffered to as Units. Its simply more fitting to the Theme.

Okay thanks :)

Upvote 0