• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

it seems there's a "haves and have nots" when it comes to spotting people at range

gimpy117

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
it seems there's a "haves and have nots" when it comes to spotting people at range

has anybody noticed this? it seems there is a certain percentage of the player base that seems to really have your number at almost any range.

how are they doing this?
wizzardry with the video settings?
giant monitors?
cheats?

I'm really confused on this one, because this new installment seems to have much more difficult target acquisition than the last game, but, unlike me some people have no problem

Resolution might have a big impact on how easy it is to spot and engage targets at range.
I remember when I upgraded from a 32" 1080p to a good 27" 1440p monitor, back in RO2, smaller details appeared much clearer.

600m shots with a BAR, 400m M14 pixel hunting is doable without too much trouble etc.

Other than that it's the obvious experience gap, taking it slow, scanning, positioning, knowing what the weapon can do.

Upvote 0
I ran into this the other day with a friend of mine. we were on An Lo Vally or how every you spell that and We were in the jungle between A and B. I figured there were a couple of guys back there on account of a Huey landing behind B. There was a big bush and some trees and I caught the movement of an enemy and my friend even after I pointed out where the guy was and marked him with a spot could not see the guy. He was like wow you got some great eyesight. I really don't I just happened to catch the movement. He did not believe me that there was a guy there so he wanted to push him. I moved up a bit and covered him as he pushed. Sure enough the guy was right where I said he would be and my buddy killed him but then fell off the side of the cliff lol.

Upvote 0
2dfrog;n2297092 said:
SL using binoculars to find targets then switch back to gun isn't too hard. Anyone stationary is an easy target to this method.

This. I usually do it as Americans as squad leader has to stay alive. Also movement distorts your vision and it is harder to spot enemies who cleverly use the environment to hide. Binoculars make quite a difference. Before I advance I tend to look over an edge of some object (away from an area people tend to move around) and spot enemies. You can easily spot people hiding in bushes, prone and in shadows.

Combine this with M16 or M14 and you become a marksman able to clear some usual camping spots. Depending on a map you can lead a squad like this, or just create one man squad so you don't slow down your team too much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0