• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

is there bullet lag?

Hit issues will get worse the closer they are and the more they are moving relative to your position, so basically the worst case is if they sprint at a 90 degree angle in front of you then the hitbox will be the furthest off the model position.
I cannot stress how incredibly annoying this is. In the game I just played I had three or four deaths where I surprised a guy around the corner, put three or four aimed SVT shots into his torso at point blank range, and died when he sprayed me with his MG and ambled away completely unscathed.

Upvote 0
The real problem with the game's network setup isn't server side calculation, it's that the server code is slow and ping is always high. I never get under 80 ping (usually 100-120) in RO2, while I may have 10-20 ping in a quick CS server. I understand that running 64-players and having full bullet simulation increases server load, but BF2 was running 64 players back when server CPUs were 10x slower. Something just doesn't add up.

ya my guess is that its the game engine since i dont think it was ever really designed to have 64 players or large maps. ping is awful thats for sure, and im not sure if they can even fix it.

Upvote 0