Is there any way to slightly modify a stock map?

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

yasha

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 25, 2018
Hello.
I would like to modify a stock map, only to change, for example, game mode, total tickets numer or some Kismet scripts. Is there any way to do this?
I have already tried to open, for example, VNTE-CuChi from BrewedPC in RS2 SDK, changed some scripts, then saved it to CookedPC in Documents. I haven't changed any other levels, such as ART or FX, I haven't touched them in the SDK, so I have saved only VNTE-CuChi2, for example. Then I cook it, and I have a VNTE-CuChi2.roe file in Published. Am I doing right?

Kaleun

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2017
I am a complete novice and I've only ever edited the stock training map for someone who wanted to play it on a server with others. I just cooked the map with everything and put it all into a new folder, when that same person asked me to edit the helicopter training map I was at a dead end because I have no idea how to deal with editing things saved in other levels of a map.

I just have a folder like this for that training map I edited:

All I edited was the game mode so it would run in TE for multiplayer.

Last edited:
Reactions: yasha

Kaleun

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 9, 2017
I can load it in through the console as a custom map, so in that sense yes. Person who asked me to do it said it worked on their server, so I assume.

Sep 28, 2014
USA
Level Streaming is done in the "Levels" tab of the SDK content browser. If you want to modify an ART_ sublevel, you have to make a copy of it, restart the SDK, remove the origianl, and then add your copied one. It's super finicky that way.