• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is there a manual?

It also shows

Link to draft manual, and post launch interview!

:rolleyes:

And now many pages did you have to click next on to find that?

I searched for the term "manual". in all RO2 forums. When nothing relevant appeared in the first two pages of results, I decided to ask.

I feel like there ought to be a manual sticky :p

Upvote 0
Also the SP campaign has tutorial missions. Play them.

I have, but it doesn't explain things like what it means when someone kills me and there is an Acorn icon in the top right, or a skull and crossbones icon.

it also doesn't explain what protected areas are, and how to avoid accidentally winding up in them when you try to flank the enemy and suddenly dieing without knowing what happened.

It doesn't explain how to use the class menus to select weapons for the map (I just realized I could do this. I was suffering through that horrible G41 scope for the longest time until I realized, WOW, I can actually switch to the scoped KAR98.

Things like that. Game stuff that takes place sort of outside the game atmosphere, that can't be taught in the single player tutorials.

Upvote 0
I have, but it doesn't explain things like what it means when someone kills me and there is an Acorn icon in the top right, or a skull and crossbones icon.

it also doesn't explain what protected areas are, and how to avoid accidentally winding up in them when you try to flank the enemy and suddenly dieing without knowing what happened.

It doesn't explain how to use the class menus to select weapons for the map (I just realized I could do this. I was suffering through that horrible G41 scope for the longest time until I realized, WOW, I can actually switch to the scoped KAR98.

Things like that. Game stuff that takes place sort of outside the game atmosphere, that can't be taught in the single player tutorials.

Acorn means you've got shot in your acorns ;)

Protected area one is still somewhat under construction

The weapon one is up to you to figure out what you prefer, you can select any weapon you have available. Though currently you get stuck with whatever upgrade is at your level, no choice not to take the upgrade

Upvote 0
he should never have had to even search for it in the forum.. a basic manual should have been shipped with the game, nothing crazy but a simple explanation of all the game mechanics and features along with descriptions of the weapons/unlocks and ranking system

I sortof agree, but my game was bought on Steam, so there was no retailbox. On some games you can right click on the game in your menu on Steam and there is a "read manual" link that opens a PDF. This was not the case for RO2, which is funny, as it's the only game in years I've needed a manual for. :p

Upvote 0