• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is Red Orchestra and Rising Storm available for Xbox?

wowow, hold your elitist -pc horses.

Consoles where able to reach a mass-market for gaming and opened the door for a lot of people with affordable hardware. What about super mario ? not innovative ? or Tetris ?

Tetris was on IBM-PC 2 years before Nintendo. It was on some Russian PC years before that (blocks were [])

That said I'd say Wii / Kinect gaming is fairly innovative.

So...is RO2 available for Wii?!? j/k

Upvote 0
wowow, hold your elitist -pc horses.

Consoles where able to reach a mass-market for gaming and opened the door for a lot of people with affordable hardware. What about super mario ? not innovative ? or Tetris ?

Pioneering means nothing. Anything a console can do, a PC can do better. What PC can do, console is unable.

In short: GLORIOUS PC GAMING MASTER RACE.

Upvote 0
This.

I am currently watching in horror as Eidos Montreal destroys one of my favorite gaming franchises (Thief) in a bid to court more console gamers.

Fafnir_6
What's the deal with these developers ruining game franchises to "Branch out to a larger market"?

First the Hitman series went down the toilet with Crapsolution now Thief is getting turned into a casual console game.

What's next? What could possibly be the next classic game series they decide to trample all over for the sake of "Larger Markets."

Upvote 0
Not to defend all of that practice, but some of it is basic math.

Game 1 sold x copies at 50 USD.

Game 2 to develop will cost 3x more then what Game 1 made in its lifetime. Game 2 scoped at the cost of Game 1 (and still making a profit) may not sell to fans of Game 1 who expect more.

Video game development can be/is a huge gamble. Developers and (especially) publishers (who are in the business of making money for shareholders) try and minimize those risks.

Upvote 0
Not to defend all of that practice, but some of it is basic math.

Game 1 sold x copies at 50 USD.

Game 2 to develop will cost 3x more then what Game 1 made in its lifetime. Game 2 scoped at the cost of Game 1 (and still making a profit) may not sell to fans of Game 1 who expect more.

Video game development can be/is a huge gamble. Developers and (especially) publishers (who are in the business of making money for shareholders) try and minimize those risks.

Very true.
Besides I actually like the ideas practiced in Thief 4.
I have not seen anything "cazualised".

The gothic feel of that game is there and so is the dark story. It didn't even come out. That's it. The end. The rest is speculation!

Upvote 0