• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Invisible objectives?

Six_Ten

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 12, 2006
aztecmod.darkesthourgame.com
Is it possible to have objective markers invisible to the defending side? I would like to offer the Germans three avenues of attack; at the start they see 3 objectives on map, Russians see none (not even markers). Whichever objective the Germans cap first opens new objectives visible to all, and the 2 original objectives (the uncapped ones) disappear.

To be fair.. why would you want to? After a round or 4, everyone would know where they are anyhow..

The beginning of the round the Russians are spread out and do not know which point to rally and defend. Germans hit one of the fortifications and open a line of attack from there. The game is different each round depending on which obj is taken first.

Upvote 0
It's possible to lock more objectives and after (e.g. when 1 objectif is taken) unlock 1 or more in a special order. Check your objectives manager.

1 thing I didn't try (and I don't know if it could run) : just bind your objectif with an invisible mover, put them together beneath your map (and map bounds actors) and move them up when it's needed. I'm not sure but I think objectives don't run if they are beneath map bounds. Just try and give us feedback.

Upvote 0