• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Introduction - Or how you came to be a long standing member of the community

Back in 2010 or so there was a Steam sale for Halloween, I think. A bunch of horror games were on sale along with the regular stuff. I was trying to decide between getting Left 4 Dead 2 or Killing Floor for a zombie fix (which is pretty funny in retrospect) and I just ended up getting both.

I remember my first round, where I loaded into KF_Farm and for some reason the mouse was bugged and I couldn't use it to manipulate the camera. So, I did the best I could at surviving using nothing but WASD to sort of line up my shots (on level ground) and was quite pissed at how the zombies (clots) just wouldn't ****ing die. The mouse bug was really getting to me so when I died I Alt+F4'd and didn't touch the game again for a few weeks, instead opting to get into Left 4 Dead 2. But of course I did come back after those few weeks and like magic my mouse was working. Once I actually got into Killing Floor and figured out how the mechanics worked I was hooked.

Upvote 0
I started playing the UT2K3 mod back in '03 or '04? I came from Day of Defeat, but was interested in something more realistic and perhaps a bit more slow paced. RO mod was that game!

Been hanging on IRC with the regulars back than, and 13 years later I'm still here. Not on IRC anymore, your life changes ofcourse (Wife, Kid and 2nd kid on the way) but the fact I still play TWI games and lurk around speaks for the community and the fine games TWI (still) makes. And they made it their job, how cool is that!

Upvote 0