• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Ini File

kiki33

Dec 29, 2011
I am installed killing floor with steamCMD, and server running, and dont change the ini files! I am found system/Deafult.ini and changed server name, restart and dont work. I am found the root .killingfloor dir and System/Killingfloor.ini change the server name, and dont work. Any help, thanks.

- install the server, run said server
- leave everything else alone except killingfloor.ini

inside your killingfloor.ini find this line

ServerName=

Name goes afterwards, or you can use the webserver admin tool which is 100 times easier and you're not likely to screw up your server then.

Upvote 0
You should not ever edit the default.ini. Delete it and update the server using SteamCMD.

When you run your command to start the server use -nohomedir at the end. This will force the game to use the install directories. Otherwise you'll need to edit the INI in the .killingfloor/system directory.

Make sure you shut down the server BEFORE editing the file.

Upvote 0
If never edit, how to change servername ..etc

KillingFloor.ini

The file will not be created until you start the server once. So start the server, count to 3 then shut it back down. You'll find the KillingFloor.ini in the System directory; Just make sure you run -nohomedir at the end of the start up line so it will be in the correct location.

Upvote 0