• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design in game textures???

xmclxjuggalo

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 21, 2013
Hello,
I was trying to use a custom texture, but once i implemented it in the game, i realized i liked one texture that came with the game better
"Texture Car-Tunnel_wall [DXT1] (1024x1024)"
But i want to change the color of the texture...

Using the lights works great to get the color i want.. but i only want the floors/walls/ceiling this color. is there a way to make the lights only tint them that color. and use a regular light color for everything else.

Or..

Is there a way i can find the original texture, copy it, then edit it in Photoshop to the color i want?

heres some screenie's, The wall on left is original game texture i want to use, one i right was one i imported and decided not to use.

First one is without lighting effect.

kf7p.png

This one is with lighting effect
yrp.png

There are three ways to do that:
1) Open the Surface-Properties of each texture you want to be affected by the blue lighting, check the flag "Special Lit". You also have to check that flag in the Light-Properties "Lighting->bSpecialLit".
2) Create a Color-Modifier and apply the color you want to the textures. Add the Color-Modifier to the surfaces you want.
3) Export the textures and change them with a 3rd party program, import and apply them on the surfaces you want.

Upvote 0