• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In Game Name with _2

This only started since latest patch. I'm wondering if they added it for when people join and others join with same name so that when people vote kick or a kick is initiated it picks the right one. I don't understand though why it only happens to certain players and it's not all the time but never did it before now.

I've had it happen twice in two days and today it keeps putting it on there regardless. I had it only once yesterday and that was first time I ever seen it since the release of the game.

Upvote 0
It's not a network glitch. It comes and goes from game to game and makes no sense. Is there anyone that knows why this underscore 2 at end of names is showing up?

My name keeps coming up on and off as 7-CLOWN-7_2 and others in game also have this happen.

Does this mean you are also logged into WebAdmin or something? Does this allow players to know who are admins in game?

Upvote 0
It's happening even if I haven't played in hours, days, and it also happens to others on our server but yet we are not connected more than once ever.

I've only noticed this since the latest patch. Even if I reboot system and log in for first time, it picks and chooses when it want to add the _2 to the name.

When even checking the names in the list you'll only see the 1 name but it will have the _2 on it.

I can even disconnect from server and rejoin seconds later and sometimes the _2 is gone.

Upvote 0
I think I've figured it out. I think if you are running the server and you open up the WebAdmin before joining the game it will put the _2 on your name.

If you don't enter WebAdmin till after you've gotten in to game you are fine and no _2.

So those with a _2 in servers will mean they are possibly admins of the server also probably if someone else joins with same name.

Upvote 0