• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If you love KF1/KF2, you'll _______ RS2?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
I'm just wondering if you'd recommend this game to someone who likes the gunplay in the KF games.

Understanding it's the same dev team, I assume the answer is YES - but still wanted to get some general thoughts/opinions prior to buying.

I imagine the gameplay is similar but instead of mindless zeds you're shooting at real players. The clan scene also seems more noticeable in this game as far as I can see.

I think its a steal at the current price, but im also a huge fan of the RO series so take it all witha grain of salt.

If you like unforgiving but hectic action that has a mix of arcade/realism, then chances are RS2 is for you. It honestly feels like its a good game that they put their love into and theres still updates coming out for it.

Upvote 0
Like others have said, the two games are as different as can be.

But it seems like a lot of people do enjoy the two games - as they're both well-designed. I personally play a lot of KF2, and I used to play KF1 but not as much. I swing by and play a game of Rising Storm 2 every now and then, and I have just as much fun as I do with KF2 but it's not the kind of thing I can sink hours and hours into.

Upvote 0
All three are completely different games. You can tell by how few crossposters are between the forums. Even the differences between KF1 and KF2 are immense. You can't just simplify the gameplay to "you shoot stuff". Also the gunplay is very different. While the KF series is more arcade oriented the RO/RS series aims for more realism. KF 1/2 are wave shooters where you encounter an AI that is absolutely predictable. RO/RS are PVP tactics shooter where you play objectives and human players act on a spectrum from logical to just doing random stuff. These games coldn't be more different then they are. And so are the people that are interested in these games. Besides myself I know very few players that are equally interested in all those titles. Not to speak of the successor gap. Not all people like successor titles in these series. Some RO2 players will tell you that RS2 sucks and some of them weren't even there when the RO1 fans left the sinking ship because they didn't like the changes that RO2 introduced. Non casual KF1 players despise KF2 because of the differences...

I played RS2 on the public beta and free weekends with friends that were new to the series. Some of them liked it and some didn't. Getting shot out of nowhere and wiped out with airstrikes is just not for everyone.

Upvote 0