• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If you have ANY issues, please try:

therajuncajun

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 20, 2009
My "Connecting hang" fix stickied at the top of the page.

Thanks to tggrinc, we have found out that my fix solves just about every issue.

This works for several problems:
Failure to load the next map after playing a map.
Freezing on the load or index screen (same as freezing on a blank black screen)
Header errors in the Steam ".blob" file.

I had all of the above problems after the big update with the three summer maps. My system crashed on every reload, froze on the loading screen, crashed my computer forcing a power down and restart, and caused a "partial header error" in the Steam ".blob" file.

I could start the game and play one map (any map) but it would crash when reloading the next map. (it didn't matter what map it was)

It crashed on every reload...

About 1/2 the time I could "control/alt/del" and "end task" the killing floor program that was not responding.

The other 1/2 of the time my computer would be frozen and I would have to power it off and restart the whole machine.

About 2/3 of the time when I had to power off and restart my machine Steam would not load... It would give a Header error in the ".Blob" file. Which I would have to rename and then restart Steam and Steam would then "update" me (reinstall the blob file) and I could restart KF.

I tried disconnecting from the the server before the next map loaded... But the game would not let me into the next server I chose, even if it was the same one I just left. It would either hang on the load (index) screen, stick on a blank black screen, or just crash the same as it would if I had tried to stay in and load the next map.

In the end, the only way I could play was to start the game, play one map, then exit and restart the game.

The above solution fixed all of the problems...

I was about to give up on the game entirely when the most recent updates didn't fix the problem...

SO THANK YOU SO MUCH for figuring it out !!!

I'm in Richmond Va. btw... in case that helps find the errant servers.

*Edit by Zets: Added a link on top

Last edited by a moderator: