• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

If it wasn't for that weekend freeplay I probably wouldn't bought this game XD

I'd seen this game when it was released, and thought it looked fairly interesting but was unsure wheter or not to buy it due to fear of dissapointment (This can apply to all games, really).

Having played the free weekend, I unquestionably bought it along with the two DLC packs (Though one of them doesn't show up properly on the Steam store/personal history, anyone having similar issues?) as well as convincing a friend to do the same.

Upvote 0
I get a lot of flak from my friends for buying Killing Floor over Left 4 Dead 2, but I have so much fun on Killing Floor ... All the weapons, perks, maps, and not disconnecting halfway through a campaign (and not costing $50+).

Not to mention the level of personalization compared to that of Left 4 Dead. In Killing Floor you can choose your character, your weapons, and what you're good at. Left 4 Dead kind of takes all of that away and shoves you into a campaign which is fun at first, but it becomes boring really fast.

Upvote 0
Man that weekend was pure awesomeness :)

Great game Tripwire, <3 the game, almost all my clan has bought it solely from this weekend.

Thanks for the experience, now with learning the game without any resources its time to actually learn the game based on this forum. Tired of getting owned by that chainsaw guy.

Playing the game and dont just watching screenshots and video HELPS.

I will sell a old computer part to get money for the game (15 dollars here are like 60 :().

I just want to keep playing, getting achievements and lvling up my perks :cool:, that is what makes me want to get the game.

Upvote 0
Man that weekend was pure awesomeness :)

Great game Tripwire, <3 the game, almost all my clan has bought it solely from this weekend.

Thanks for the experience, now with learning the game without any resources its time to actually learn the game based on this forum. Tired of getting owned by that chainsaw guy.

Once you taste a good game, you want to play it, SPECIALLY WHEN YOU MAKE THINGS EXPLODE :D!

Also the Perk System makes the game more enjoyable, as it makes you want to get to that Lvl 5 Support or Medic, or when you want to get the Achievements before than somebody else.

I got "Flaming Hell That Was Close" when only 0.3% got it. Being part of that 0.3% makes me feel good :cool:, but the FW ended and i lost all my achievements...

Upvote 0
but the FW ended and i lost all my achievements

I also lost all things at the end of the free playing time. But after that I bought the game and all achis and perk levels came back, so not lost anything, (just need to buy the game and get them back). :cool:

PS: I bought the game cause the free weekend. Before that I watched videos and screenshots from the game but never thought it can be so fun as I could try it myself.

Upvote 0
Not to mention the level of personalization compared to that of Left 4 Dead. In Killing Floor you can choose your character, your weapons, and what you're good at. Left 4 Dead kind of takes all of that away and shoves you into a campaign which is fun at first, but it becomes boring really fast.

That's just how I feel. When I tried the free weekend I didn't expect much, (Nobody around me plays KF) so I was surprised by the various characters, weapons and perks.
There is just so much going on at KF compared to L4D. L4D has already become a zombie whereas KF stays alive.

Upvote 0