• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ideas to improve an already great game

As of writing this, I'm only on the 5th area so if there's something I suggest that's already in place I apologize.
Hunters:
  • More weapons aside from assault rifles and what I believe are shotguns. Give them harpoon guns or a sniper rifle or something. Also, their bullets should not reach all the way to the floor. I know it's a game but they would not even come close to getting that far.
  • Decrease their vision. They shouldn't be able to see you 30-40 feet down in reeds. That's bogus. Make it so they can see you maybe 10-15 at most, especially in the murky areas.
  • I've seen dynamite used a few times but it explodes almost instantly. I think it would be cool if it had a delay and you had the option to tail-whip it back at the boats.
  • Give them the ability to toss nets into the water when you get too close. If you get caught it be like when a gator gets you and you thrash to break free.
Enemy Predators:
  • Allow them to heal off eating other prey as well. It takes away some of the challenge when you can swim around munching down on everything and heal while they just watch
  • Should attack hunters as well if they're in the immediate vicinity. Having 4 or 5 boats focused on you as well as a few preds can be a massive pain in the ass.
  • More types like dolphins(because why wouldn't we have dolphins), maybe squids or octopi, eels or anacondas(granted, they aren't water dwelling and so would be limited to shallow water, but anacondas are most at home in the water) and orcas(it's a game so why not. Besides, if the bullets ignore the laws of physics so orcas won't have to be limited to the ocean).
  • Elemental enemies. We get an electric evolution, why not level the field a bit? Certain enemies could have evolved variants like we get
Prey:
  • More diversity besides the same few. Ocean dwelling animals could be added because again, it's a game
  • Beneficial prey that gives extra speed or damage resistance temporarily
  • Negative prey that poisons you and essentially does the opposite of above. Slows you down, more damage, maybe blurry vision or decreased healing, etc. Lion fish and puffer fish are a couple examples
Combat:
  • Let us knock humans off the boats by ramming it or tail-whipping it
  • Ability to flip over small boats and rafts by attacking it from below. I was able to knock a swan boat into the air once but I think it was one hp so it may have been a fluke or something.
  • Maybe some kind of evolution that lets you poison enemies on bites or something similar
  • Perhaps we could get a death-roll attack like gators use
  • If you attack an enemy who's unaware of your presence, maybe get a small damage bonus on that initial attack. It could be a one-time boost on that specific enemy so you can't keep running away and doing it again
Extra tidbits:
  • We should be able to drown humans(you've thought it too, don't give me that look). If you chomp on a human and drag them under the water, their health should start decreasing after a few seconds. I know this happens on hunters but it doesn't on civilians
  • Interaction between humans and fish like a school of fish being around a fishing boat.
  • Prey swimming away from you if you get too close instead of just ignoring you
  • Environmental effects. I know the area where you fight the apex barracuda has harmful spots. Add more of those like chemicals or oil, etc. There could be evolutions that give you immunity or resistance against them.
  • Obviously more evolutions