• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I hate free weekends

This. Newbies should get a good first impression of the game!
If important roles are taken by newbies and no good gameplay is shown, these new players get a bad first impression of the game!

Hardly I do not believe that this will be a solution. To be a good player in some roles you have to make mistakes and learn from them. Naturally this includes "bad" gameplay for some veterans.

Also the impression has not be good, it has to be accurate and show you, how you get punished for mistakes and bad choices. Be civil, use the chat to enlighten those guys and if you feel need use your battlefield promotion to take over their role if needed.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with you op. The free weekend is the WORST THING that can happen to any game. Holy **** yesterday as axis we have lost ALL maps from the campaign - WTF!!! How somebody can lose on Commisar's House? This is impossible, this map is one of the easiest Axis maps ever and yet those noobs managed to get rapped. The comms never use recon or arty, the SLs are not doing ****, assault classes are camping in the base... On top of that they refuse to listen if someone better than them say ATTACK or retreat or something else from the command wheel. They are not doing their class job. Countless times we were begging our anti tank soldiers and tank drivers to destroy the enemy tank, and we were providing the EXACT map location like C5, E3, etc, but of course the players who played those classes were hurr durr TO THE MAX!!!

Why the free weekenders are not limited to Rifleman class only? But anyway the free weekends should be stopped for RO2. They are making decent players to quit the game forever. Some of those folks can play only during the weekends because during the week they have work and other stuff to do and the weekends are ruined for them by the CoD kids. Almost every weekend is a free weekend these days :/

On the other hand, it looks like the Allied newbie players seemed to get their teamwork going. When you have both sides with no teamwork, the defender usually wins.

I honestly had a completely different experience often enough. Sure some games are bad, but some have been great. Hearing the new people falling in love with the game is awesome and starting to get it is awesome. Just have to give some coaching - goes a long way. For example, telling them about Axis carrying the rifles in one hand, or that mortars tend to fall short, so aim further.

Upvote 0
When you have both sides with no teamwork, the defender usually wins.
Yes indeed, its supposed to be that way but for some unknown reason the Allies ALWAYS have chosen to attack through the whole campaign and we were defenders every time - we have lost every single match. This is UNBELIEVABLE !!! This simply CAN NOT happen during normal weekday. To defend is always easier so I blame the freewekenders for this outcome.

Upvote 0
finaly...ist over....:eek:

on retrospect...it wasent all THAT bad. Well the usuall "hey folks just got this..how ew imma commander" and mice spam trolls where there, but also alot of newbies that where listening and or doing a good Job in not beign anoying, following "orders" or rather "suggestions" more than they dident.

Iam still pissed about beign kicked because Folks run in front of my mg positions...:p

Upvote 0
Yeah, I got kicked yesterday, I did shoot em, of that there is no doubt.
People running all over the place, willy nilly, not a lot that can be done about it really.
Maybe if they could make the balance between how many times I got killed by my team mates, I would still be playing.
Also, not many "sorry" or "np" in the chat I noticed.

Late afternoons weekday

Upvote 0
Yes indeed, its supposed to be that way but for some unknown reason the Allies ALWAYS have chosen to attack through the whole campaign and we were defenders every time - we have lost every single match. This is UNBELIEVABLE !!! This simply CAN NOT happen during normal weekday. To defend is always easier so I blame the freewekenders for this outcome.

I suppose that's not too surprising. New players, especially new American players, would gravitate to the Germans, since we're more familiar with them than Soviets. Ironic, since a typical complaint is most veteran players choose German, leading to Soviets getting stomped most of the time.

Also, once you get a good team going in campaign mode, people tend to stick around until the end of the campaign, while the loosing team tends to loose players, often leading to imbalance. I've often joined a campaign on the 2nd to the last, or last map, hearing how the other team was stomping my team. Once that campaign is over, lots of people who should have left an hour ago finally go, and we get a whole new group of people on both sides. Suddenly, the tide turns on the next campaign, and the stomping goes the other way.

Upvote 0
What's more disturbing is the amount of trolling. Everything from racial slurs to the playing of Hitler's speech at Nuremburg for an entire match (I'd dig this if it were on the eastern front, but this was on Iwo Jima)

:cool: The people engaged in this behavior have already shrugged off the game.
They are NOT focused on it. And the stuff they choose to do indicates that their view of the game is nothing more than some sort of political curiosity. Which it isn't. So, other than an annoyance, I don't take them seriously. The admins will deal with them in due course, and the rest of the participating public will enjoy the content. It's nothing to get too upset about.

Upvote 0
Yeah, can't expand without fresh blood...

I just been playing a server where German team stacked with experienced players and most of the Russians were noobs -

I think they fought a little better when I reassured them that they shouldn't expect to win because the other side was stacked with experienced players.

- but it didn't stop one of them panicking and TK-ing me three times in a row as I was heading for more smoke candles. Even so, I'm sure he'll soon get the hang of it.

Luckily, my connection to Twitch.tv is dropping a horrendous amount of frames for past few days, so at least it wasn't being streamed for anybody to see :eek:

Upvote 0
Free weekends are hilarious i like them, On saturday night myself and another squad leader managed to get a 23 russian bayonet charge into the town hall on spartanovka, and it some how worked even though most of the people charging were free weekenders, it was hilarious and great fun.

Most of the games the free weekenders seemed to actually follow the commands i gave them, they followed their squad leaders around more so then the veteran players who just pissed around doing their own thing.

although we did have some terrible games, but no more then usual.

Upvote 0
Free weekends are hilarious i like them, On saturday night myself and another squad leader managed to get a 23 russian bayonet charge into the town hall on spartanovka, and it some how worked even though most of the people charging were free weekenders, it was hilarious and great fun.

Most of the games the free weekenders seemed to actually follow the commands i gave them, they followed their squad leaders around more so then the veteran players who just pissed around doing their own thing.

Nice to know somebody else had a fun similar experience too.

We had most of the Japanese team Banzai charging into objective after objective, map after map in campaign mode. It was glorious!

Upvote 0

This last one I did notice a lot of the freebies WHERE following SL's and listening. At least for a little while. IF it turned into TO much of meat grinder attacking an OBJ a lot would start the OOOHHH better hide and take pot shots at people. then would turn into defeat. Overall I had a lot of fun with this past one. OVERALL. The team killing UGH if you get hero class on Red side your gonna get team killed ALOT.

Upvote 0
Nice to know somebody else had a fun similar experience too.

We had most of the Japanese team Banzai charging into objective after objective, map after map in campaign mode. It was glorious!
I had a similar experience in campaign mode for the russians when all the vet players where just all going on the german side, so hardly fair for the Free weekenders who were being slaughtered, but luckily after some of them left a couple of the server regulars jumped on the Ivan side. With them we managed to turn a 3:7 territory campaign into a 7:3 Win just by having 1 excellent commander, 4 brilliant squad leaders and a mob of free weekenders who followed commands. we had many bayonet charges, one of the more comical ones happened on winterwald on the final objective when some one thought it would be a good idea to play katyusha over public voice chat, we only had 13 players join in this charge but most of us made it into the final cabin stabbing all of the germans inside.

Upvote 0