• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I guess I just dont get the point of the mutator class.

How would you substitute certain actors in an existing map without using a mutator?
Lets say you created a new heavy soviet tank and want it to replace the IS2 on all maps it occurs. That could be done with a mutator.

Another example, would be a mutator that changes the player loadout. Lets say you want a mutator that lets all players spawn with MGs.
The ModifyPlayer function would be it then.

Imo mutators are a method to change small aspects while leaving the rests untouched. New actors (when you create them by subclassing) would always need to be placed by hand in new maps (if they are placeable) or called from some other class, which you, of course, would have to modify to do so too, probably resulting in a new gametype.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the responses guys. So, if I wanted to customize the sprinting mechanics I would make a class that extends "mutator" and then simply modify the HandleStamina(float DeltaTime) portion of Pawn class under a ModifyPlayer call?

I have read all I can find on the different functions available in mutator (PreBeginPlay, ReplaceWith etc) and am having a hard time figuring out which to use and how they work. Sorry if this is vague, but it vague to me.

Upvote 0