• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

i found strange fps issues that not fixed for several years !

A123

• Dec 11, 2022
    hi i believe nobody reported this before with video so i decided to send a video about the main problem here (problem has not been solved for about 2.5 years or more)
    a community server run with 48 player and tonight server was full & every single of people here has similar fps issues like mine
    i recorded the video after march bug fix and there is no medic buff issues here because it's definitely fixed for now and game run perfectly fine for us like before

at the beginning of starting on this maps in community servers my gpu utilization is about 100 % without any bottleneck (220 fps low setting)
    after 10 wave gpu utilization drops to 75 80 % (110 100 fps)
    and after 25 30 wave - gpu utilization are compeletly randomize with 0 - 10 - 50 - 100 percent ( 65 50 fps ) mostly stucked at 15 30 % when wave get higher and people are leaving the server to rejoin for restoring framrate to normal way
    -----------------
    stutter time -
    0:02 - 0:09 - 0:15 - 0:20 - 0:29 - framrate restore in 0:44 with a bit lag
    after rotating camera at 0:54 framrate are compeletly recovered with so many zeds behind the map
    2:31 players report about the fps lag
    so the lag only happen when you playing
    but its compeletly gone when you spectating the game i also tested with diffrent maps It is the same for every maps

can the issues come from zeds spawn rate !!! or maybe some pistol ammos dropped into the ground or zeds invisible deadbodies & memory leaks in the server
    or just players when controling the gameplay during shooting (because the fps bug gone when you specting the game after death) ! it's completely strange for us

Can Piranha Pistol bullets animations in the spawn place be the reason of lag ? video at 1:16
    i believe it's definitely UE3 limitation for amount of zeds and players or maybe memory leaks

spec
    Ryzen 5 3600 4.3ghz
    Asus Prime B550 Plus
    Asus Mini R7 360 2gb
    Corsair Vengeance Rgb Rs 2x8 - 16gb ddr4 3200mhz
    Windows 11 Pro Build 22621.1413

video #1

youtube.com/watch?v=eG-_K41vGNM

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
      58.4 KB · Views: 1
    • 20230228205247_1.jpg
      20230228205247_1.jpg
      181.3 KB · Views: 3
    Last edited:
    endless - community servers
    Map -
    KF-Monochrome

wave 33 = 190 fps
    wave 34 = 186 fps
    wave 35 = 180 fps
    wave 36 = 174 fps
    wave 37 = 155 fps
    wave 38 = 131 fps
    wave 39 = 125 fps - 9.9 GB ram Usage
    wave 40 = 120 fps 10.4 GB ram Usage
    wave 41 = 105 fps 10.8 GB ram Usage
    wave 42 = 97 fps 11.2GB ram Usage
    wave 43 = 90 fps 11.4 GB ram Usage
    wave 44 = 84 fps 11.7 GB ram Usage
    wave 45 fps recovered after i did rejoin to the server with 205 fps and 8.6 GB ram Usage
    i paused gameplay record every time at trader & same place
    so we lost about 100 fps after 12 wave

Video
    youtube.com/watch?v=ZetCR8FMux8

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Medic buff issues still make the game unplayable video recorded after bugfix update for medic (April 7, 2023)

endless - community servers
    Map -KF-StairWay

1 - playing for 15 wave and testing green icons load
    my fps actually dropped from 120 to 80 and its getting down to 9 fps if i stand in in middle of healing gas

video # 1
    youtube.com/watch?v=-6-MnJPcjk4

2 - testing icons load with someone who play as medic

video # 2
    youtube.com/watch?v=airDyEslRNc

3 - the game menu UI after i press ESC its reduce the buff fps lag even if you play at the worst possible frame rate

video # 3
    youtube.com/watch?v=5mgncmUVhQ4

4 - framerate fully recovered after i relog to the map at the current wave

video # 4
    youtube.com/watch?v=dgZLAncEPIQ

Upvote 0
    I will pass this along but there are a couple of things to keep in mind. Killing Floor 2 is not intended to have over 12 people in a match. (12 when playing the PVP mode, and 6 when in survival) Increasing slot numbers is allowed but will cause performance issues. The game was developed with these numbers in mind. Mods are permitted but we are not responsible for how they affect your gaming experience.

The same can be said for custom maps and custom servers in general. We are aware of many mods, and while being quite fun, they do have adverse effects. CD for example with cranked-up spawns rates and numbers suffers from issues.
    What does QA test?
    QA tests vanilla versions of the game. It does not test modded versions.

Upvote 0