• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I finally have my preciousssssss

Another tip I JUST learned. Everyone knows you can change out your damaged MG barrel by pressing 6 after it melts. When you change it out you can't change back to the melted barrel, this made me believe you discard the old barrel. Turns out if you change your barrel before you damage the gun, you can actually change between the two barrels.

This of course means you can heat up a gun right before the damage point, change your barrel, continue firing, and let the other cool down. Rinse and repeat. Sustained fire!

Of course unless you have lots of spare ammo I don't think you'll ever need to do this as you'll run out of ammo quite fast.

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
Another tip I JUST learned. Everyone knows you can change out your damaged MG barrel by pressing 6 after it melts. When you change it out you can't change back to the melted barrel, this made me believe you discard the old barrel. Turns out if you change your barrel before you damage the gun, you can actually change between the two barrels.

Have been doing that since the beginning, thought it was common sense... :rolleyes:
I just change my barrel whenever it starts to steam/smoke... :)

Reactions: I. Kant
Upvote 0
Congrats on getting the 250 round belt.

I unlocked it myself some time ago as well as the 71 rnd drum + semi auto selector switch for the PPSh41 by ruthlessly pursuing a "farm the bots FTW" strategy - now I don't play the game other than trying out Ogledow for the long range action it provides..

Weapon unlocks really ruined the game for me as that feature changed the purpose of the game from the normal "territory" action into levelling up - once you level up to the max the goal of the game is achieved and then there is no reason for playing.

I originally though that my goal with the game was levelling the MG34 and the PPSh41 to level 50 and then I could play the game as I wanted with two realistic weapons but I was wrong and in the end the progression of the weapon levels turned out to be my goal with the game - which sucks...

The fun is gone...

Upvote 0
The fact you didn't know you could cycle barrels to cool them alone shows how little you have learned during all your time with the MG34. Pish!

To be fair, I tried cycling the barrel before, but since it was "damaged" I couldn't, it was just an assumption based on general observations made on other games that once you change something out, it is normally discarded.
If you think I'm being too prideful about my MG skills that is fine, but why come on here bashing me for learning new things and sharing what I do know? I didn't claim to be a godly MGer, but I just wanted to share some experience I've had on my journey to lvl 50 MG.

The only point of your post was to be negative and therefore has no place on my topic. Shoo! shoo! :waves hands:

Reactions: Atomskytten
Upvote 0
To be fair, I tried cycling the barrel before, but since it was "damaged" I couldn't, it was just an assumption based on general observations made on other games that once you change something out, it is normally discarded.
If you think I'm being too prideful about my MG skills that is fine, but why come on here bashing me for learning new things and sharing what I do know? I didn't claim to be a godly MGer, but I just wanted to share some experience I've had on my journey to lvl 50 MG.

The only point of your post was to be negative and therefore has no place on my topic. Shoo! shoo! :waves hands:

The only opinon that matters here is yours - they have no right to tell you, or anyone else for that matter, how you should play the game or not in order to be a 'real' RO2 player.

They can go join the 'letist prick club and go nag there...

Upvote 0
Congrats on getting the 250 round belt.

I unlocked it myself some time ago as well as the 71 rnd drum + semi auto selector switch for the PPSh41 by ruthlessly pursuing a "farm the bots FTW" strategy - now I don't play the game other than trying out Ogledow for the long range action it provides..

Weapon unlocks really ruined the game for me as that feature changed the purpose of the game from the normal "territory" action into levelling up - once you level up to the max the goal of the game is achieved and then there is no reason for playing.

I originally though that my goal with the game was levelling the MG34 and the PPSh41 to level 50 and then I could play the game as I wanted with two realistic weapons but I was wrong and in the end the progression of the weapon levels turned out to be my goal with the game - which sucks...

The fun is gone...

This is so idiotic. You do have a mind of your own don't you? Just do what most of us do, play the game for what it is and ignore the leveling up systems.

Upvote 0
This is so idiotic. You do have a mind of your own don't you? Just do what most of us do, play the game for what it is and ignore the leveling up systems.

First problem I encountered was that I wanted to play the game with the weapons and their loadouts which were actually used during the battle of Stalingrad and to make that possible you have to grind kills and xp for an insane amount of time before you will be able to do just that.

Second problem is that weapon unlocks are locked meaning that some weapons turns out either for the worse or into rare experimental weapons with very long reload time which makes the use of those weapons unattractive or just plain silly.

You can not disregard the effect the need to grind weapon unlocks does to the players mindset and as I am competetively minded player the sense of actually achieving something was greatly diminished after unlocking lvl 50 MG34 and PPSh41. Simply winning a map just doesn't cut it anymore when the game tells the player that the objective of the game is not winning maps and team play but instead grinding kills and xp so the player can achieve herodom and all lvl 50 weapons.

I loved RO for its purity of gameplay where the only thing the player had to concentrate or worry about was to be a good teamplayer so the team could win - in RO2 the player also has to concentrate on gaining enough kills as well as xp in order to grind unlocks and levels and while xp and team work goes hand in hand team work becomes, not the result of a deliberate action or thought but rather is a result of random selfish actions that just happens to coincide in a way that helps the team as a whole.
That sense of achievement was far more profound in that game than it is in RO2.

The game's player character mechanics tells clearly what RO2 is about: Levelling up and weapon unlocks, team play is only a tertiary goal or part of the game at best - coincidental at worst.

Good for you that you can still play the game like you use to play RO - I just can't.

Upvote 0
First problem I encountered was that I wanted to play the game with the weapons and their loadouts which were actually used during the battle of Stalingrad and to make that possible you have to grind kills and xp for an insane amount of time before you will be able to do just that.

Second problem is that weapon unlocks are locked meaning that some weapons turns out either for the worse or into rare experimental weapons with very long reload time which makes the use of those weapons unattractive or just plain silly.

You can not disregard the effect the need to grind weapon unlocks does to the players mindset and as I am competetively minded player the sense of actually achieving something was greatly diminished after unlocking lvl 50 MG34 and PPSh41. Simply winning a map just doesn't cut it anymore when the game tells the player that the objective of the game is not winning maps and team play but instead grinding kills and xp so the player can achieve herodom and all lvl 50 weapons.

I loved RO for its purity of gameplay where the only thing the player had to concentrate or worry about was to be a good teamplayer so the team could win - in RO2 the player also has to concentrate on gaining enough kills as well as xp in order to grind unlocks and levels and while xp and team work goes hand in hand team work becomes, not the result of a deliberate action or thought but rather is a result of random selfish actions that just happens to coincide in a way that helps the team as a whole.
That sense of achievement was far more profound in that game than it is in RO2.

The game's player character mechanics tells clearly what RO2 is about: Levelling up and weapon unlocks, team play is only a tertiary goal or part of the game at best - coincidental at worst.

Good for you that you can still play the game like you use to play RO - I just can't.

Feel bad for you, though I wish you think over why you thought is was fun to level up the weapons in the first place. You might think to get the new unlock because that would be fun play with it. But lass you don't like to use them, why is that? Because they are lame? Hahah really now. Of course not only that, you don't like to be on uneven ground by simply griding bots.
Just play the game focus on the objektives rather than kills, lol:cool:

Upvote 0
How many belts of ammo do you get ?

I'm one class lvl before hero and that gives me I think 20% extra ammo, that gives me one belt in the gun, and two spares, one spare only has 100 rounds I think.

So in all 600 rounds stock, I can burn through that insanely fast without fire control at 900 RPM.
If someone resupplies me I get I believe 250 more rounds, 500 if I get to an ammo crate.

Upvote 0
Feel bad for you, though I wish you think over why you thought is was fun to level up the weapons in the first place. You might think to get the new unlock because that would be fun play with it. But lass you don't like to use them, why is that? Because they are lame? Hahah really now. Of course not only that, you don't like to be on uneven ground by simply griding bots.
Just play the game focus on the objektives rather than kills, lol:cool:

I never said grinding kills and xp for unlocks was fun - it isn't, it is pure monotonous work nothing more nothing less - lol.

The game just isn't 'fun' in its present state - sorry.

Upvote 0
The fact you didn't know you could cycle barrels to cool them alone shows how little you have learned during all your time with the MG34. Pish!

Indeed. And worse still he displays himself to be very familiar with the semi-automatic function. Most improper! Makes me wonder how many kills he has got blindly firing into smoke, or through walls. As any true machine gunner shall constantly strive to achieve! ;)

Upvote 0
I've had the MG-34 250belt for a while now, 13,000+ kill points. Never bot farmed once. Never even played on a server with bots. That is the lamest of the lame. Your barrel changing comment amuses me. The skills you learn playing bots.:rolleyes:

The semi-auto function is only useful at the lower levels when recoil is way out of control or if your down to your last few rounds. At lvl50 you should be doing 3-4rnd bursts to 'snipe' guys. And rock n' roll into smoke, buildings, bushes, fences, or anything that moves while screaming for ammo and cursing your 2 smoking barrels.

Reactions: paquera
Upvote 0