• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I don't like RO2

I agree full to the post.
Today i was very bored and thought to myself i give it another try.
So the Fallen Fighters Map came up.
As usual i play Axis .. not a good decision on this map !
Chose a SL ,got some smoke with me, it COULD be needed on the map.

When the Map started already a lot of players just left the game or were complaining if we couldnt just swap to the next.Since the F

Upvote 0
i dont like peas.
thought id throw that into the wrong forum as well :]

ontopic:
i have confidence RO2 will get balanced out properly in the end.
i cant go back to RO - as it feels way to clunky to me now.
sure i miss the clown car - the big maps. combined arms, panzerfausts.
reckon most of that will be coming (maybe not fausts or clown cars) in RO2.

Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0
Politely Disagree

Politely Disagree

I played RO1 when it first came out and loved it. Played it for five years, but grew tired of it because the game needed an upgrade. I also remember when it came out all the folks that had played the Unreal Tournament version were saying the exact same things i hear people saying now about RO2. I think it is more that some folks mastered the old game and now there are some new things they have to learn.

I love the new game and i am not a COD run and gun type. i like a game that is realistic - as can be for a computer game - and lets me imagine for a while that i am fighting on the Russian front. I love the new graphics. When playing the Russians and watching the Germans moving around from a distance and running with their unique way of holding their weapon with one hand, it looks like some of the videos of actual combat i have seen. When i am on the German side moving up to join the fight, i can see two or three guys seeking shelter and beside a building with one looking around the corner and again it looks amazingly real like some of the photos i have seen.

This game STILL requires fire and movement. YOU STILL CANNOT run and gun and live very long in this game. This game still involves combined arms. The game added command and control features that i think as more people learn how to use them, will make for more realistic game play. Dead bodies actually bleed and stay around for a little bit. If you get hit, the wounding and bandage system has you thinking, am i going to live or die?

I think the developers really tried to add more realism to this game. Sure there are some things to work on and they will. But, i am really enjoying this new version.

My only complaint is that i would like to see more types of tanks and armored personel carriers, more maps that cover beyond just Stalingrad and better primarily tank maps, and the campaign feature that was promised that links maps for a particular campaign. Would like to see more tank kill options besides the tank exploding. Would like to see the tank gradually brew up and tankers bailing from tanks wounded to include being on fire when their tank is hit. Would like to see the realism mod that has been suggested worked on in coordination with Trip Wire to improve on what i already consider a great game. And again, get the SDK out. Am even planning to take a stab at creating a level design.

Bottom line, the game is a new version and will continue to improve and more content will be made available. But i am enjoying this game very much! Looking forward to my German beer tonight and joining the fight :)

PS, i hope the Darkest Hour mod folks do a DH2. I loved the Ardennes maps!!!!

Upvote 0
I don't know why the game wasn't just ported from RO to RO2.
I find myself in the same situation with Stalker and others when I can't play RO2 for extended amount of time anymore because of its CoD shenanigans.

I want an option to turn off the music or use the soundtrack from RO1.
Also, option not to hear english in bad german accent.
And an option to disable zoom on ironsight.
Those changes would be a start

Upvote 0
MP 40/MkB/semis everywhere.
Squad leader with a 1 man squads.

Russian MG spawn with MG34 saddledrumthing.
People sprinting then insta-headshot you in less of 0.4 sec

Magically switch ammo type in tanks.
Auto regen: When you get hit, press the "action" key to get instantly autoregen.

Even the sounds is dumbed down: Bullet cracks and whiz are super low. Same for artillery. Maybe because COD players can't understand why bullets whizz and cracks and it surely disturb them in their killstreacks actions...

And many more...:(
I play less and less RO2. Maybe it's time to reinstall osfront 41-45 with DH and play a real tactical game.

Last edited:
Upvote 0