• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HRG Tesla Hammer / Tier 4 Zerk weapon

Milan

Grizzled Veteran
  • Apr 19, 2021
    Kazan
    "Mercs have successfully captured submarine base in mariana trench, though it was the toughest fight they had, it was worth it. This project named "tesla hammer", from the information that we gathered, is Siren's upgraded sonic amplifier device, mounted onto pulverizer's base. It seems that Horzine has developed new generation of underwater sirens aswell. As we know, the main feature of underwater sounds is their low attenuation, as a result of which underwater sounds can spread over much longer distances than, for example, in the air. This results in a very dangerous specimen, capable of disrupting and damaging mercs from a great distance. Scientists say that new siren's DNA is merged with electric eel, new specimen is also capable of releasing shocking waves that makes mercs defensless. Some even say that upgraded device not only amplifies sonic waves but also vibrations, this leads to frightening speculations - new specimen could easily not allow anyone to close proximity by creating powerful ground pound explosion as well as sonic waves.. Judging by the power of the device, scientist compare this ground pound attack to King Fleshpound's. God knows how massive this monster must be to create such powerful shock waves.

HRG Tesla Hammer is Tier 4 Berserker weapon, it uses upgraded sonic amplifier device which sirens have.
    • Heavy attack uses charge, and creates shockwaves and sonic blast around impact, shockwaves damage and push zeds back from it's epicenter, while sonic blast destroys any zed's projectiles, such as edar's lasers, rockets, husk's fireballs.
    Heavy attack might look like something between siren's attack and King Fleshpound's ground pound explosion attack.

• Heavy attack is not directional like normal pulverizer - it's AOE.
    • After using one charge(performing heavy attack once), next 6 primary attacks will gain "boost" - increased knockdown power, added EMP damage, and also.. they will send zeds flying - like this:

AND LIKE THIS!)

Im pretty much inspired by tesla mod from dead island, this thing catched my attention even when i was a kid, and to this day im fascinated by sheer power and satisfaction it gives.​

Back in the day i asked to apply this to zed mk 3, and yall did it just perfect, so, giving this to a melee weapon is next level of fun.
    • Not only that, but any zed that is unfortunate enough to be in the path of.. "flying" zeds will receive blunt and emp damage once.
    Small details/weapon design
    • While weapon gains "boost" electrical arcs can be seen around the hammer, just visual effect.
    • Added sound effect when attacking zeds while weapon is boosted.

Yall seen how difficult it is to play right sided Berserk these days, the main issue is that berserk can easily be surrounded, and although parrying gives you damage boost, it can't protect you from fireballs, lasers and stuff..
    But with this weapon, HRG Tesla Hammer, you are given limited(by ammo) ability to break free from horde, clear the path, send anyone flying, and protect yourself and your team from deadly projectiles.

As I've said about the Plissken suggestion yesterday, I don't think there's any HRG weapon that's based on a weapon used by the exact same perk... But I guess at that point, it could be entirely possible.

I do remember the Tesla mod from Dead Island as well ! It was indeed mad fun :p I'm a bit worried about your idea as it could either be too similar to what we already have (things like the Bone Crusher or the Pulverizer of course), or way better, making the other options trivial.

I really dig the idea, however, and it seems to fit the Zerk very well.

Upvote 0
    As I've said about the Plissken suggestion yesterday, I don't think there's any HRG weapon that's based on a weapon used by the exact same perk...
    Winterbites and spitfires, disrupter and 101 pistol
    I'm a bit worried about your idea as it could either be too similar to what we already have (things like the Bone Crusher or the Pulverizer of course), or way better, making the other options trivial.
    Pulverizer.. the og weapon.. i think it's actually one of the few weapons players used against fleshpounds back in the first days of Killing floor 2. Pulverizer and aa12 - most suitable weapons for fleshpounds, thats all we had back in the day..
    Tesla hammer would be zerk's main trash killing weapon with a twist towards defense, it would be simmilar to hemoclobber i think, utility-wise. Most of hrg weapons are gimmicky and super situational, which makes them unpopular. Altho Tesla hammer is somewhat situational as it's suited for cqc and maze-like maps like subduction, i think tesla hammer's reliability can be comparable to hemoclobber's as trash killing weapon and it would be welcomed addition for both casual and hardcore players

Upvote 0
    Winterbites are a gunslinger weapon, while the spitfires are (primarily) a firebug weapon. Similarly, the Disruptor is a GS weapon but based on a medic one. I must admit that I don't really consider crossperks to count, as they're often geared toward a specific perk (and by that logic: the medic would have nearly no unique weapon of its own)

I don't know if we need another trash-cleaning weapon... Most of the Zerk's weapons are already well-suited to deal with trash zeds, except maybe crawlers (which are easier to kill with either the Piranha or VLAD). But I do like the idea of sending zeds flying to the stratosphere. I don't know if that would even be possible, but I believe causing extra damage as you send a zed crashing through a wall would be awesome.

Reactions: Milan
    Upvote 0
    Winterbites are a gunslinger weapon, while the spitfires are (primarily) a firebug weapon. Similarly, the Disruptor is a GS weapon but based on a medic one. I must admit that I don't really consider crossperks to count, as they're often geared toward a specific perk (and by that logic: the medic would have nearly no unique weapon of its own)

I don't know if we need another trash-cleaning weapon... Most of the Zerk's weapons are already well-suited to deal with trash zeds, except maybe crawlers (which are easier to kill with either the Piranha or VLAD). But I do like the idea of sending zeds flying to the stratosphere. I don't know if that would even be possible, but I believe causing extra damage as you send a zed crashing through a wall would be awesome.
    What do you think about ability to destroy zed projectiles? A while ago, someone suggested sonic discombobulator, which has simillar ability, but that doesn't exist because.. Beluga beat reasons..
    It's just that when you think about berserker as a shield that absorbs all damage, it would be cool for him to have that one high tier weapon that allows him to create zones in which all zed projectiles are getting destroyed instantly. If someone gets cornered you could perform a heavy attack and besides projectile destroying abilities that zone will also push zeds back like king fleshpound's ground pound attack pushes players when he gets enraged.

I thought that added damage of heavy attack will be lower than original pulverizer's. You can imagine heavy attack as beluga beat's primary fire, but a lot less visually obstructing, covering 360 degree area and divided into multiple waves that push zeds back along with the effect of destroying any zed projectiles in that radius. To compensate for a lack of power, next 6 primary attack will gain boost - added emp damage, high knockback and knockdown, able to send scrakes and unraged fleshpounds flying, just like bone crusher's bash attack. Anyone who touches mid-flight zeds will receive emp damage. Technically this would work similar to Napalm skill

Last edited:
    Reactions: Aleflippy
    Upvote 0