• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics How to solo FP as commando?

IdOfTime

Dec 22, 2015
I find the commando perk one of the most fun but I just have a real issue with dealing with FP's and SC's. SC's I can somewhat deal with if I can get some good head shots in but FP's seem impossible to me. Whenever a FP rages at me it's basically pray my team can save me after I unload a full SCAR clip into it's head.

Any tips for this? Thanks.

Good way I found is to carry a pulv, but I guess it depends on your play style.
I usually use my pistol a lot with the commando ( using the first perk to increase backup weapon damage) and so rarely run out of ammo with my main weapon.

Since the FP has a vulnerability to explosives the apt fire with the pulv with always stumble him and give you a couple seconds to get some distance or heal.

Sadly you pretty much have to get hit by him eventually so he stops raging, but use that time to heal or reload.

You can also use your impact perk to stumble him, but I recommend faster reload.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I'd suggest a SCAR/AK-12/C4 Combo with large mags, tactical reload and 20% auto fire damage perk traits.
Run towards him and throw a C4 onto him
Run away to grenade range
Once you throw the grenade, detonate the C4 and switch to your SCAR and unload a full magazine into his head. If he survives, pull out the AK-12.
If you don't have a c4, 2-3 Grenades in a quick succession should suffice :)
Other than that, you could try buying the M79, C4 and SCAR.
Stick a C4, stand back, throw a grenade, fire a grenade from the m79, detonate, unload SCAR.
If he gets close in any 1 of the situations, bash and move away then throw a grenade at him and unload the scar again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
if you're looking to juggle just your Active Class, i recommend mixing in Gun Butts with shooting your Assault Rifles to keep the Fleshpound from closing on you quite as well.

and use Terrain to get more distance as well.

don't forget that it's easier to shoot the Chest Core than the head and in 99% of circumstances will mean easier Kills.
but ofc switch to Head if he covers his Core with his Arms.

but Gun Butting is very useful! allows you to Stagger any Enemy once in a while. try to use sparingly to avoid hitting inside of Stagger Cooldown and therefore getting caught with your pants down.

Upvote 0