• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to run 2 servers in the same machine?

rodrigoxm49

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 21, 2015
I can run both of them, they have already different ports (7778 and 7779) on .ini and I can perfectly access them on WebAdmin.

But only the first appears on Server Lists on the game.

PS.: Host (that I'm trying to list servers) and Server are in different location (different IPs/LAN, etc)

What I'm possibly missing?

EDIT Wrong location on forum, sorry =/ I don't know how to delete this post

Last edited:
Each KF2 room occupies 4 ports, by default it's 7777, 27015, 8080 and 20560. (Weekly mission server requires another port, which is 123)
You need to remap every 4 ports of the multiple servers into a different one. i.e. 7778, 27016, 8081 and 20561. If you only remap the 7777 then there will be connection issues because the second server has trouble contacting steam gamelist server! (Port conflict)

Also, if your game machine (i.e the host) and the server machine are in different LAN category, then you'll need another stuff known as port forwarding. This is done by settings in the router which is PRIOR to the server machine, provided that the server is in LAN. (If the server has a WAN IP then this could be omitted)
i.e WAN 7777-> (server LAN IP) 7777
or, a port segment: WAN 7777-7780 -> (server LAN IP) 7777-7780
and you need 4 rules to link all ports to the external network!

Only with this allows the accesses from WAN to your LAN server! Otherwise you won't even see the first server in the list! I reckon you don't have such problem but I'll leave it as a reference anyways.

Added: Server host of KF2, running 8 rooms under 2 PCs for 1 year

Upvote 0