• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design How to make map show the trader path ?

The trader path follows your zombie path. Ive noticed that if you dont have a door for your trader, the path wont show up.

Ex: ive had a temp trader, (just a brush no door) When i moved this trader area, added the doors, and tele, all of a sudden the path showed up.

Upvote 0
No, don't just throw nodes around. Use enough to make smart zeds but not too many to overload the engine with paths. Get them near enough to corners and hiding spots so that players can't 'cheat' the zeds too much. Best practice is to copy a few out of a stock map and insert them into yours (copy/paste). Pick a stock map similar to yours in theme so that the distances are reasonable between the nodes. By experimenting you can figure out how far apart they can be and how close makes too many extra connections. It can be a bear to learn but once you figure out the basics, it can go fast.

Upvote 0
Ahh ok so thats why lol well anyways just put a ton of nodes around

Slyk beat me to this, bet yeah, this is bad. The best way to plant nodes is to try and make long, stretched out paths between them using as few as possible, then fill in the gaps in between with just as many nodes as you need to give your bots a good following ability.

Upvote 0
Slyk beat me to this, bet yeah, this is bad. The best way to plant nodes is to try and make long, stretched out paths between them using as few as possible, then fill in the gaps in between with just as many nodes as you need to give your bots a good following ability.
thats what i ment, you cant have 1 path for them, or they will go in a straight line. i like to do the line and then zigzag through the paths

Upvote 0