• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics [How-To] Giblets

The guy just tried to give out some friendly info, stop biting his sorry ***. His own choice where he plays it, since it doesn't really affect another player directly and he did pay for the game from his own pocket.

Also...

What the hell's a giblet? I saw the achievement but i have no friggin idea what it means.

A civilized reply and defense of another poster! I admire that. And almost never see it.

Giblet (jiblet) is long for gib (jib) which is a term invented by iD in the DooM days. Gibs are the chunks into which monsters or players or... are blasted into when they take a lot of damage over their hit points. Comes from the name of the organs of a turkey which are shoved into the turkey's body cavity after it's fully cleaned. A canopic corpse?
And don't let anyone tell you it's pronounced hard g gib. I saw an interview with The Carmack where he cleared it up and stopped the holy war of pronunciation.

cx

Upvote 0
I vote we turn this topic into a guide on how to turn specimens to giblets in actual play.

Obviously, there are only a few weapons capable of turning specimens to giblets. These are:

• Standard Frag Grenades
  • L.A.W. rockets
The easiest way to go for the Giblet achievement (on all specimens, not the quarter pounder with ease), is to round up lots of wave 1 specimens such as Clots and Gorefasts on Normal/Hard (beginner is just a joke, and personally I don't think it should count towards any achievements). It's a bit harder to do the kiting method, but you can round them up in front of a welded door or something pretty easily. Monitor the door's health, and when it gets down to about 3-5% toss all of your starting frag grenades at the swarm. All 3 should go off at the same time, and should turn a swath of Clots into giblets.

I'm pretty terrible with the L.A.W, so I'll let someone else handle that one.

Upvote 0