• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How to fix the "Hold Mouse1 button" issue for berserker

Reallifeh8er

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2014
Equestria
Tired of the good ol' Berserker constantly M1ing around, being capable of surviving by it's very own against every zed type even on 6p HoE?

Here's a very simple solution:

Bind your attack button to Mouse2 (or anything else than Mouse1)

Problem solved. Now enjoy Mouse2-ing until victory.

Disclaimer
This thread is based on complainers, who do not like the games the way they just are. In other words: Welcome to PC Gaming. Enjoy your game.
You are required to possess a certain amount of sense of humor in order to understand the point of this thread.

Thing is, current combos can be fun but they introduce new angles of attack which mostly aren't as useful as a straight horizontal swing or a straight vertical swing.

I don't see why holding M1 couldn't just repeat those, or make more combos or whatever. Currently I do not use combos I just mash the button as that is the only way I know what kind of attack I am getting, therefore whether it will actually hit or not.

Upvote 0
(to Berserker nerf supporters)

Berserker perk is fine, and does need "fixing"

Maybe those large zeds just don't do enough damage. Ever think of that?!

Or, zed spawning is too much of a trickle and less like a flood of zeds.

These are the two real problems, leave the poor Berserker alone...

Dude... Didn`t you forget a little Thing? Other Perks?

If large Zeds would do more Damage, Zerk would be the only Perk, that could survive a single Hit so it would still be op compared to the other Perks.

Let me guess, next Thing to do then is buffing other Perks, right?
So basicly change everything but Zerk, because Zerk is balanced, only everything else has to get balanced to proove that. -.-

Upvote 0
Dude... Didn`t you forget a little Thing? Other Perks?

If large Zeds would do more Damage, Zerk would be the only Perk, that could survive a single Hit so it would still be op compared to the other Perks.

Let me guess, next Thing to do then is buffing other Perks, right?
So basicly change everything but Zerk, because Zerk is balanced, only everything else has to get balanced to proove that. -.-

A single hit? That is a bit dramatic. :rolleyes:

The role of other perks is to hit zeds from a distance where berserker mainly stands toe to toe with zeds. I would argue based on that zerk gets the short end of the deal by making big zeds hit harder. All without nerfing the zerk directly too!

Upvote 0
As the Zweihander is my main weapon for zerker, I have 4 rules:

1. heavy attacks (M2) for FPs (when Pulverizer is unavailable), Scrakes, Sirens, Husks, Gorefasts, and sometimes Bloats/Crawlers
2. stabs (alt attacks) for crawlers, bloats, and sick multi-kills on clots that get too close together
3. light attacks (M1) for cheeky clots that won't group together nicely enough for a stab.
4. When in doubt, heavy swing 'til it dies.

These rules have kept me alive in many a dire situation and coincidentally mean I almost never use M1. On a serious note, it's just not as convenient as the stab or heavy attack for most enemies.

Upvote 0
Feels like they will probably slow the Zerker down slightly in terms of attack speed, if the rumors are true and Martial Artist is a melee assassin type. Make the Zerker more like a Human Scrake, with the MA as a Stalker or something?

They did slow him down. Especially if you use the big sword. It swings slower than even the pulverizer. Thats why I used the 10% faster swing abilitty :p. Faster swing rate=faster time to finish swinging=enough time to parry or block scrakes, fp, or hans. I see the martial artists have trouble against the big 3 unless he has a critical damage bonus on key parts like the head, neck limbs etc. Dont know if it will work on hans since he doesnt take bonus damage from being hit a specific spot like the rest of the zed.

Upvote 0
I typically use M2 and decapitate. I typically use side swings for clots and gorefasts(sometimes), and use vertical (forward) swings depending on the circumstance. Stabs are great for bloats though.

The main thing about the berserker that was bad before the patch was its skills. They fixed that, but I feel the health bonus/life steal is a bit too much. Well, maybe not the life steal as much, but 200 hp is quite a bit. Accompanied by a medic and that's almost an unstoppable pair.

I honestly thought the berserker was fine before the patch (with its skills being about the only exception). Berserker can now solo waves like the medic (movement speed + large health pool or fast syringe recharge = op), while other perks are just getting pummeled by the scrake's tracking (which is overkill to counter a cheap strategy).

Upvote 0
As the Zweihander is my main weapon for zerker, I have 4 rules:

1. heavy attacks (M2) for FPs (when Pulverizer is unavailable), Scrakes, Sirens, Husks, Gorefasts, and sometimes Bloats/Crawlers
2. stabs (alt attacks) for crawlers, bloats, and sick multi-kills on clots that get too close together
3. light attacks (M1) for cheeky clots that won't group together nicely enough for a stab.
4. When in doubt, heavy swing 'til it dies.

the Stab Attack is more practical for applying Damage to Fleshpounds and Scrakes, btw.
granted, the Skill that will Multiply Heavy Attacks can therefore normalize higher Damage.

but, the Stab has incredible Range and makes hitting the Head or Legs for different kinds of Staggers very easy to aim IMO.

Upvote 0
the Stab Attack is more practical for applying Damage to Fleshpounds and Scrakes, btw.

The lv. 20 perk lets you knock big zeds to the ground, which, even if it were lacking the 30% dmg increase, makes it my first option in most SC/FP encounters. I've also had an easier time stumbling large zeds with M2. Which is not to say that stab isn't good for big zeds. Heavy attacks just work better for me.

Upvote 0