• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How often should we expect patches?

mindfray

May 18, 2009
Since this is Early Access, I know there is going to be a llarge amount of work left to be done until the game is finished.

I was wondering if anyone knew how often we should expect patches? And when would the small, hotfix, and large content patches be out?

I recall TWI said they would want to roll out some bugfixes for the core game first before any new content or balance patches. They also said EA will last a mininum of 6 months.

I think it's fair to assume it will last 1 year and hope for less. That means one new perk every 2 months unless they want to bundle them for some reason. However, that means the 10th perk is released on full release day so assuming they want to test and balance even the last one properly they would have to roll 'em out faster than that.

So perhaps 5-6weeks inbetween each perk and a balance patch ever 2-3 weeks on average? It's just my guesswork so feel free to disbelieve it.

PS: I'm not sure but I think they wanted to throw in a couple new maps along the line as well so go figure when that is gonna happen :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Since this is Early Access, I know there is going to be a llarge amount of work left to be done until the game is finished.

I was wondering if anyone knew how often we should expect patches? And when would the small, hotfix, and large content patches be out?

I was also wondering about this.

The thing is I don't think it's really possible to say what to expect first and whatnot, because different parts of the team will be focused on different aspect of development. I know TW has their own internal goals, but I don't expect they'll make them public in case they get held back for some reason...
...and then angry mobs will be standing outside TW offices with torches and pitchforks (or at least going onto the forums and doing basically about the same thing...)

Upvote 0
I don't remember where they said this (some thread) but this is the case. I hope these development updates include screens and video :D

Here is the thread. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=107601
Here is Yoshiro's quote from said thread:
Correct. Right now we are looking at doing an "information" update about once every two weeks. This should give players some insight into what we are working towards (content wise).

Upvote 0