• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 How is the AT rifles?

I hope it is 1:1 which translates to 35-40mm penetration MAXIMUM which equates to PZB NOT being able to penetrate the side of the t 34. This needs to be as accurate as possible. The anti tank role suppose to be harder than even the teal leader. It requires specialization on enemy tanks and their weak points (not so much in RO2 since there was only one tank we faced, barely 2 with the update that we got.) I remember the classic RO days where i had to take out my binos to ID a tank from far away to determine how i was going to approach this tank with the huge maps. RO2? Not even in the slightest. One tank, Non-maneuverable maps. The whole classic Soviet AT class experiences was totally lost in RO2.

Upvote 0
I hope it is 1:1 which translates to 35-40mm penetration MAXIMUM which equates to PZB NOT being able to penetrate the side of the t 34. This needs to be as accurate as possible. The anti tank role suppose to be harder than even the teal leader. It requires specialization on enemy tanks and their weak points (not so much in RO2 since there was only one tank we faced, barely 2 with the update that we got.) I remember the classic RO days where i had to take out my binos to ID a tank from far away to determine how i was going to approach this tank with the huge maps. RO2? Not even in the slightest. One tank, Non-maneuverable maps. The whole classic Soviet AT class experiences was totally lost in RO2.

from the patch notes

• Reduced the effectiveness of the anti-tank rounds when they shatter (makes them less effective against high hardness tanks)
  • Reduced the base penetration power of the German PzB AT-Rifle round.
  • Removed PzB from Allied Anti-Tank role as veteran/hero unlock
  • Changed the lower side armor on the T-34 to non-high hardness

I think the pzb can still pen the undersides of the t-34, but with slightly more restricted conditions than before (closer, more strict on angling etc). As for the RO1 AT experience, the ptrs could go through the sides of a tiger so penetration wasn't part of it ;)

Upvote 0

actually PTRS/PTRD with BS-41 round can penetrate t34 in side armor with 0 degrees angle. At least early 1941 t34, may be it doesnt work for Stalingrad time t34s.

Upvote 0
PZ iv vs PTRS 1941

PZ iv vs PTRS 1941

There are pictures showing that shooting PZ IV from the front to its underbelly has an weak spot in it, and i managed to kill pz iv in 2 shots to its underbelly from the front, just wondering is this working as intended?

Took the picture from Cpt-Praxius post about PZ IV, and this made me curious since the tank actually died from 2 shots to its lower frontal armor (underbelly)
PIVSpotstoHit_zpsa7460115.jpg

Upvote 0