• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How do I force AA in Nvidia?

You need nVidia Inspector.

http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-download-2612.html

In nVidia control panel, go to Manage 3D Settings and press Add. Find rogame.exe which should be in X:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\red orchestra 2\Binaries\Win32

Set it to Override Anti-Aliasing setting to whatever you choose.

Now after you've installed nVidia Inspector, open it and click the tool icon to the right of the Driver Version column mid-way in the page.

When you have this open, up at the top you'll see a house icon. Click on it and select Red Orchestra 2 Heroes of Stalingrad.

At the very top under Compatibility column, third line down, set Antialiasing compatibility to Mass Effect, Mass Effect II.

Click apply changes, and now you're done.

Note: Weapon select screen will be blank in role menu.
Every page but Video will be blank in the options. For now these are unavoidable glitches when forcing AA via nVidia.

Upvote 0
Cut the crap Mic

Cut the crap Mic

Some guy says SWEET FX is the cure...but you pop this FX cure in your Win32. No effect. SMAA or whatever..I spent a weeks on GTA IV to try to understand these FX fixes which never really fixed the distant shimmering jaggies.

Just drove down the Streets of NYC in daylight with all my tweaks on Sweet FX in GTA IV ..all the same fake, horrible jaggies of a port with no AA allowed. Suspension of disbelief is blown with these... ....just like in THIS RO2 Game when I see shimmering buildings a mile away or window frames close shimmering as I move....all the tree leaves shimmer which is not visible in COD WAW! I have no leaves shimmering in MOH Allied Assault MP in 2002 even..JEEZE!

DX9? on an engine that COULD HAVE USED DX11 for this game and NO ANTI-ALIASING ALLOWED to add-on the pain. Many like me want to see REALITY and will pay for it. Even COD WAW has real AA...tree leaves DO NOT SHIMMER as I move! I WILL PAY FOR AN RO3 WITH DX11 and FULL ON REAL AA. I WILL PAY NOW FULL PRICE MAN! Same genius game ...just up the visual quality which is far below DX 9 HL2 AA in 2004, which enjoys real AA in choice menu.
Tried to install FXAA INJECTOR TOOL which remotely installs and removes the FXAA injector fixes into the Game Exe folder. This has zero effect also.

So all fixes have been blocked now, just like the Colour Tweaker for terrible BF3 map colors..all patched out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OMG the outrage of an EGOIST! Look it up Mic....

Anyway some guy says SWEET FX is the cure...but you pop this FX cure in your Win32 or others and the nerds who make um do not give anyone an autofix... you have to get into all these crazy complexities. SMAA or whatever..I spent a weeks on GTA IV to try to understand these FX fixes but it is no POP and DROP and useful with some CP showing..ANYONE GOT A POP AND DROP CP FIX configed for RO2?

Just drove down the Streets of NYC in daylight with all my tweaks on Sweet FX in GTA IV ..all the SAME HORRIBLE FAKE JAGGIES RUINING THE VIEW and SUSPENSION OF DISBELIEF IS BLOWN ....just like in THIS RO2 Game when I see shimmering buildings a mile away or window frames close shimmering as I move....all the tree leaves shimmer which is not visible in COD WAW! I have no leaves shimmering in MOH Allied Assault MP in 2000 even..JEEZE!

DX9? on an engine that COULD HAVE USED DX11 for this game and NO ANTI-ALIASING ALLOWED to add-on the pain. Many like me want to see REALITY and will pay for it. Even COD WAW has real AA...tree leaves DO NOT SHIMMER as I move! I WILL PAY FOR AN RO3 WITH DX11 and FULL ON REAL AA. I WILL PAY NOW FULL PRICE MAN! Same genius game ...just up the visual quality which is far below HL2 in 2002 ...WHICH HAS REAL AA in DX9!

IN GAME and any fixes to FORCE IT ....which screws up menus....all patched out ...none work ...COLOR ME GONE BABY..DX9 is HL2 and 12 YEARS OLD! Fine..let in all the cheapskates who will not upgrade play as a lark... ...I expect BETTER MIC! Surprised to find no valid fixes after getting into it. ...and old patched out like BF3 COLOUR FIX..this is the same.

You got your dates all messed up. MoH AA come out in 2002 and HL2 came out in 2004.

Upvote 0
Thx. The tutorial was a lot simpler than the Guru3d walkthrough which was very intimidating. It was simple to set with this one. I created 2880x1620 and 2560x1600 for my 1920x1200 native but only 2560 showed up in game resolutions ..works..bit better on the shimmering. Setting it to 2880x1800 downsized to 1920x1200 did the trick for me ...I am a very Happy RO2 player now! Had to try a few standard Res ratios and it accepts some. Reduced Post processing to normal and occusion seemed to help too.

Setting the ADJUST DESKTOP SIZE and POSITION in Nvidia CP to Perform Scaling on GPU (not DISPLAY),checking override the Scaling mode and choosing Aspect Ratio prior to creating new Resolutions was a missing step for me on other Downsampling walkthroughs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0