• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

How about such DLC weapons?

TheMersodusGames

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 5, 2020
Первое двойное оружие KF для класса берсерк:
Или винтовка DLC M40A5 со шрапнельными патронами? Для перка снайпера:

Attachments

• 1562092642_1-1.jpg
    1562092642_1-1.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 5
  • shaun-young-m40a5d.jpg
    shaun-young-m40a5d.jpg
    497.9 KB · Views: 4
Okay, so I hope you'll understand me somehow, since your title appears in English for me but you wrote your ideas in what I assume is Russian?

I've always loved hookswords, but I believe that such martial arts weapons should belong in another game... That's the kind of peculiar weapon that just begs to have fantastic animations, something that I don't believe would work very well in a FPS game. For a fighting game character like Kabal, it looks amazing. I guess even a TPS could showcase some incredible stuff with such weapons. But in Killing Floor? Either it would be a nightmare to animate, or they won't bother and it will look silly...

The sniper rifle idea seems like a better fit, but at the same time...Would it truly behave any differently than the Mosin Nagant? Besides having a scope, I don't really see the gun adding anything truly novel. And even picking another sniper rifle, that is not bolt-action for example... Would probably be either an under-performing M99, or a clone of the M14.

Upvote 0
I apologize for the Russian text, this is due to bugs with the translator on the page. Thank you for your interest)
Okay, so I hope you'll understand me somehow, since your title appears in English for me but you wrote your ideas in what I assume is Russian?

I've always loved hookswords, but I believe that such martial arts weapons should belong in another game... That's the kind of peculiar weapon that just begs to have fantastic animations, something that I don't believe would work very well in a FPS game. For a fighting game character like Kabal, it looks amazing. I guess even a TPS could showcase some incredible stuff with such weapons. But in Killing Floor? Either it would be a nightmare to animate, or they won't bother and it will look silly...

The sniper rifle idea seems like a better fit, but at the same time...Would it truly behave any differently than the Mosin Nagant? Besides having a scope, I don't really see the gun adding anything truly novel. And even picking another sniper rifle, that is not bolt-action for example... Would probably be either an under-performing M99, or a clone of the M14.

Upvote 0
I apologize for the Russian text, this is due to bugs with the translator on the page. Thank you for your interest)
I would also like to add about the rifle. What if we replace the cartridges with incendiary cartridges and make a side sight (like those presented in payday 2)? And most importantly, make Firebug and cross-perk with Sharpshooter the main perk for her

Upvote 0
I would also like to add about the rifle. What if we replace the cartridges with incendiary cartridges and make a side sight (like those presented in payday 2)? And most importantly, make Firebug and cross-perk with Sharpshooter the main perk for her
Well... If there's one weapon that the Firebug DOESN'T have, it's a sniper rifle. I guess it could be stupid fun to set a zed ablaze from afar. But the main issue stands : how to make it interesting for the sharpshooter? Plus, even for the firebug, it feels more like a gun added "just because" rather than with a real will to bring something that would fit the perk's playstyle. Then again, while I often considered the firebug as a short-to-medium ranged perk, the MAC-10 and Spitfires already proved to be capable of "sniping out" zeds and let the afterburn do the rest. Then we got the Helios and Incendiary Rifle... So honestly, you can be efficient at any range now. No sweat.

Upvote 0