• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hit detection

Hit detection

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Obviously TWI is trying to get more customers with adding features that seem unrealistic in some ways. For these new customers they do the relaxed realism mode that covers some HUD features that makes it easier to get into the new game.
For the already existant RO crowd and people who don't like that hints etc in the HUD they do the realistic mode.
FACT!

Whether the arrow that shows you where you are shot from will also be in the realism mode isn't known yet, but you can just hope that it will not be in. But you will not be able to stop TWI from making a relaxed realism and a realistic mode, as this decision has already been made and I think most of the RO fans like that decision. Still you can't compare RO with CoD. Ramm already said that even the relaxed realism mode will be 10 times more realistic than CoD's hardcore mode. Also I don't get why people keep comparing them.

However, finding servers using realistic mode is easy, just set a filter in your server browser. And please stop predicting that if it's done with several modes the game will die fast, that's complete bull**** and you know it.

Upvote 0
You kind of exaggerate. They don't try to please everyone, they want to make it easier for people to get into the game mechanics to sell more copies. Otherwise we will end up having such a small community as we got now. Even though I loved the tiny community of the RO mod, I know that TWI is now a gamedeveloper and needs to sell more copies. Therefore they definately NEED to nerf the learning curve, because a lot of people just felt lost in the mod and in Ostfront. The strategy is to make HoS more appealing to new players with the features in the relaxed realism to get them fall in love with the realistic gameplay. Probably they will start to play the realistic mode as they become better or if they join a clan to play matches.

However, I like it. They make it easier for new people but have a mode for the "hardcore people" also. This way they will sell more and make us happy

Upvote 0