• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Hit detection needs work

Krane65

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 6, 2012
I can count at least 6 times in my past recent games to where I shot a marine in the chest/abdomen with my arisaka 99 and it did nothing. No blood splat. Not even a point for a kill assist later. So I know the hit wasn't registered at all. I don't know if it happens often on the marine side because I mostly play japanese... I'm assuming it happens on both sides. But I do know it is annoying!

It typically goes something like this:

Marine is running. I center my arisaka 99 directly on his abdomen. *shoots*.... "Whaaaaaaaa?!" *stares in disbelieve* at the marine as he keeps standing. Marine sees me, raises rifle... *BOOM* *BOOM* *BOOM*.... dead

Most of these incidents weren't crazy far shots either!! Most were well within 25-50m. Very close shots where you can tell your crosshairs are directly on them. Very little, if any lead necessary.The 75m+ shots are understandable for this to happen, because then it could come down to plain and simple missing the shot.

I'm sure it's not my aiming. This happens even for targets that are standing still.... Although sometimes I suspect it might have something to do with my ping which is usually always between 100-200.

Last edited: