• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Help with door lighting

GronallaCon

Oct 23, 2015
Hey, I'm in the making of a KF2 map which uses indoor and outdoor lighting (having indoor volumes). The double doors on the "Outdoor Volume" appear to be half lit (normal lighting on one door and black on the other door). I have tried the lighting channels from indoor, outdoor and both and it seems to have no affect or make the whole of the door black on the outside. If anyone can help it would be great. Any other tips about using indoor and outdoor channels will also help a lot. :)

PS. Outdoor lighting doesn't look natural at all and even with a dark light it appears bright. Maybe I haven't set it up correctly and that could be why?

Attachments

• DDLLighting.jpg
    DDLLighting.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Door.jpg
    Door.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
  • doorlighting.jpg
    doorlighting.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 0
  • outdoor.jpg
    outdoor.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
it is much easier to use an indoor light volume for building than to use the outdoor. All they do is change the light channel for what they touch.

Your door has only one light channel and doesn't have both Indoor and Outdoor activated. You would need to select the override lighting channel as well.

Upvote 0
Click on mesh/door > F4 > Check Indoor and Outdoor lighting channel > check override auto lighting channel

this should fix your issue
I just realised that I was being dumb and that you have to do it for both doors and there are actually component 0 and 1. I thought double doors classed as one component which explains why one was working fine and the other door black. Thank you for the help :)

Upvote 0