• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help deciding map setting

Help deciding map setting

• Total voters
Hi guys. I'm finally on Holidays and I have a lot of free time. I can now work much faster on my maps.
The thing is, after thinking for a while, I decided to ditch most of my work in the Stalingrad map. Since the design was pretty flawed and it wasn't worth fixing it.

So now I will have to create a new map, pretty much from the ground up. But there are 3 settings I'm really interesting it.
Obviously, Stalingrad. But the other 2 are Warsaw and Berlin.

My idea for Stalingrad is pretty much this. But with a new design.

Warsaw is pretty much this.

And Berlin would be a remake of Konigplatz with maybe some extensions.

I would like to know what the community would rather have, since I know there are many Stalingrad maps already.

I'd forget konigsplatz. It worked pretty well in RO1, but it would be a another meatgrinder in RO2. It's too small, too open when one considers that a rifleman could comfortably cover one end of the map to another with effortless accuracy and visual acuity. You can imagine the style of play this will create. Everyone will be crawling or sniping, a la Fallen Fighters.

Upvote 0
I'm a person who is interested in history, but I know little about the battle at Warsaw. I've seen your map ideas and they look awesome! :)

I just couldn't vote; I felt as though my ignorant opinion would be arbitrary. I've loved Konigsplatz and various other Berlin maps... I also love plenty of Stalingrad maps.... but as far as Warsaw is concerned...I don't know. I'm sure other English-speakers/Americans in the community have felt this before - but it's frustrating how difficult it is to find documentaries/meaningful articles on historically significant events of the Eastern Front (regarding stuff outside of initial Operation Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Kursk, and the battle of Berlin). I bet if I knew German or Russian or Polish I'd be able to read a lot more in depth.

However, I am glad you are exploring an important and relatively untouched piece of WW2 combat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm a person who is interested in history, but I know little about the battle at Warsaw. I've seen your map ideas and they look awesome! :)

I just couldn't vote; I felt as though my ignorant opinion would be arbitrary. I've loved Konigsplatz and various other Berlin maps... I also love plenty of Stalingrad maps.... but as far as Warsaw is concerned...I don't know. I'm sure other English-speakers/Americans in the community have felt this before - but it's frustrating how difficult it is to find documentaries/meaningful articles on historically significant events of the Eastern Front (regarding stuff outside of initial Operation Barbarossa, Stalingrad, Kursk, and the battle of Berlin). I bet if I knew German or Russian or Polish I'd be able to read a lot more in depth.

However, I am glad you are exploring an important and relatively untouched piece of WW2 combat.

There was no large scaled battle between Wehrmacht and Red Army in Warsaw during WW2. The city was almost wiped out from the map during Warsaw Uprising (1 VIII - 3 X 1944). It was a major World War II operation of the Polish resistance Home Army (Polish: Armia Krajowa) to liberate Warsaw from Nazi Germany. The rebellion was timed to coincide with the Soviet Union's Red Army approaching the eastern suburbs of the city and the retreat of German forces. However, the Soviet advance stopped short, enabling the Germans to regroup and demolish the city while defeating the Polish resistance, which fought for 63 days with little outside support. If you are interested about this event, I can suggest you read Norman Davies book: Rising 44

Its a good idea to create a map about fictional battle of German and Soviet troops in this location :) Big city map with a lot of characteristic details sounds awesome for me :IS2:

Upvote 0

There was no large scaled battle between Wehrmacht and Red Army in Warsaw during WW2. The city was almost wiped out from the map during Warsaw Uprising (1 VIII - 3 X 1944). It was a major World War II operation of the Polish resistance Home Army (Polish: Armia Krajowa) to liberate Warsaw from Nazi Germany. The rebellion was timed to coincide with the Soviet Union's Red Army approaching the eastern suburbs of the city and the retreat of German forces. However, the Soviet advance stopped short, enabling the Germans to regroup and demolish the city while defeating the Polish resistance, which fought for 63 days with little outside support. If you are interested about this event, I can suggest you read Norman Davies book: Rising 44

Its a good idea to create a map about fictional battle of German and Soviet troops in this location :) Big city map with a lot of characteristic details sounds awesome for me :IS2:

When I visited Kolobrzeg the history fascinated me. That would be another great setting.

Upvote 0
Make a bigger Zhitomir '41

or/and :D

a complete new map, called
"The siege of Sewastopol"
-spring/summer time
-different terrain, fox holes, destroyable villages, natural trenches
-a load of history text and photos are available on net

Such a fighting map, little above over the sea, last stand for the soviets - well, that would be great :IS2:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-n5gxa2vD3...AVw/CnUMUEy5y64/s1600/Sevastopol_panorama.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0