• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 *HELP* Can't connect to a server

Schnitzel15

Grizzled Veteran
May 23, 2011
Lithuania
I know there are other threads with router problems, I've read them all, but nothing seems to work!

For the last 3 days, I've been trying to connect to any of 40-1 servers in both ranked and unranked tabs, but here are the results:

• I can't find any of them in both server lists.
  • Cannot connect via open ip (endless 'Connecting...' screen).
  • Cannot connect via friend invite.
Heres everything I tried:

• Restarted pc.
  • Restarted Steam.
  • Changed Steam download region location.
  • Completely reinstalled RO2.
  • Updated RO2 pb to latest version.
  • Disabled the firewall.
  • Disabled AV.
  • Forwarded router ports.
  • Resetted the router.
  • Updated router firmware to latest version.
  • Disabled router firewall.
  • The admin restarted the server for me.
As you can see, I'm getting quite desperate. All other RO2 servers work just fine. And about one and a half week ago I could connect to the 40-1 Classic server, which is now the IOH test server that I'm trying to connect to. The server ip is: 81.19.216.12:7817

Any help would be really appreciated, as I'm all out of ideas. :/

*EDIT* I forgot to mention that my router is an Asus RT-N53 wireless router (cable connected to PC).
*EDIT 2* Before any one mentions filters - they were reset.

Last edited:
I have the same problems here, when i am trying to join a server it will time out or crash after 10 minutes...

After returning to the desktop i have noticed that my whole internet connection is down and i have to reset it to get it work again. I think i have already mentioned that in another thread but never heard anything.

Things i have done so far: turning down the firewall, deleting my RO2 folder, verifying.

Upvote 0
In any local security software you run have you tried removing the game from the allowed/ignore list and then re-adding it?
I'm running NOD32 and I never added my games/Steam to exclusion. I tried adding it now but it still won't work. Never had issues with the anti-virus I guess... Disabling it didn't help either.

Since I have a modem connected to the wireless router which is also connected to my pc, I tried to connect my modem directly with my PC, still nothing.

P.S. My modem was provided by my internet provider, so I can't change it at all and my wireless router is only there to provide me with wireless access.

I think I'm about the only person that is having issues connecting to the server as no one is having similar issues.

Upvote 0
The logs show nothing of value just this one line:

May 21 17:31:57 kernel: nf_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

Could it be that the latest patches did this? I don't believe I tried joining the 40-1 server after the April 21st update (as I was taking a break) and I'm sure it worked before that...

I really need to solve this problem. :(

Upvote 0
It could be related - my browser is showing -1 players and has 40 servers filtered out ( filters reset ). Im guessing I wouldnt be able to join any of these 40 servers. Schnitzel also has some servers filtered.

-1 players or 12345789 players indicates that the games internet connections are being filtered or blocked in some way.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0