• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:


    We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.



    For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Hell on Earth Rewards/Leaderboard

Ic0n0clast

Member
Aug 7, 2018
83
4
8
32
TEXAAAASSSSS
Running Hell on Earth should yield higher rewards/exclusive cosmetics for completion, especially long waves. It has to be Specific maps or maybe if you complete all maps on long wave would grant a crate. Some people would just try to abuse this via Nuked or Spillway.

Perhaps a leaderboard for fastest time clear which each perk would give something to aim for. This would bring in a lot more people to this game. Leaderboards always bring in competition. If there is a way to measure skill, people want to strive to the best.
 
Last edited:

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
2,186
212
63
No.... Hell freakin no.

People already focus too much on the amount of kills they do, giving no attention to the team and in result creating a more toxic environment because they think that kills is what matters the most.
Same deal with kids bragging about how they can survive solo hoe with X perk.....

Adding the leaderboard would just make situation worse and give new players the idea of jumping back and forth between the chokes, trying to kill everything asap.... When in the end one lane has too many zeds and the team has a bad time surviving... Aka going from controlled chaos to pure chaos.

I'd suggest on removing anything that has to do with individualism and display only the info that benefits others, like assist or heals done... And then just show who did most what at the end screen.

It's a freakin co-op game, not a lone star 6 man competition of who kills the most zeds has the biggest shlong.
​​​​​​
 

Ic0n0clast

Member
Aug 7, 2018
83
4
8
32
TEXAAAASSSSS
s5yn3t;n2331763 said:
No.... Hell freakin no.

People already focus too much on the amount of kills they do, giving no attention to the team and in result creating a more toxic environment because they think that kills is what matters the most.
Same deal with kids bragging about how they can survive solo hoe with X perk.....

Adding the leaderboard would just make situation worse and give new players the idea of jumping back and forth between the chokes, trying to kill everything asap.... When in the end one lane has too many zeds and the team has a bad time surviving... Aka going from controlled chaos to pure chaos.

I'd suggest on removing anything that has to do with individualism and display only the info that benefits others, like assist or heals done... And then just show who did most what at the end screen.

It's a freakin co-op game, not a lone star 6 man competition of who kills the most zeds has the biggest shlong.
​​​​​​
Calm down soy boy. Leaderboards with all players 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. And no this doesn't have to be a team game. Judging by your comment, I bet no one wants to play with you. You are toxic.

If this brought more players this means more money for TW. I guess you don't want to see become more successful.
 
Last edited:

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
2,186
212
63
And judging by your reply, you're a basic player with probably a bit over 100 hours in the game, that hasn't experienced the game fully with its vast variety of player base and whole mental state of the game.
​​​​​
Leaderboards don't bring more people into the game, content and marketing does.

And saying the game doesn't have to be a team game when at its core it is, means you're one of those who thinks he's better at the game than anyone else, and this whole suggestion is nothing more than to just add another stat showcase to boast about.

Now i'm gonna sit here and wait for your another basic attempt at insulting me.
 

war.to.fame

Active member
Aug 31, 2017
466
101
43
Ic0n0clast;n2331762 said:
Running Hell on Earth should yield higher rewards/exclusive cosmetics for completion, especially long waves. It has to be Specific maps or maybe if you complete all maps on long wave would grant a crate. Some people would just try to abuse this via Nuked or Spillway.

Perhaps a leaderboard for fastest time clear which each perk would give something to aim for. This would bring in a lot more people to this game. Leaderboards always bring in competition. If there is a way to measure skill, people want to strive to the best.
This is a pretty good idea for cosmetics, would like to see a 2 piece changeable outfit for HoE players and even a Elite Icon (small, not to big) by the players name. This also could be the next SPEED RUN.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ic0n0clast

S0ulz

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 7, 2018
26
4
3
25
People are already selfish enough as is trying to hog all kills instead of watching their area or not healing cos they too busy going for kills, leaderboards would probably make it worse, would be nice to unlock a unique skin for welder,healer, 9mms for beating all maps on hoe or something like that though would be cool goal to aim for. I know I haven't beaten all on hoe so would give me more motivation to try some of the harder 1s.
 

Ic0n0clast

Member
Aug 7, 2018
83
4
8
32
TEXAAAASSSSS
Poor cry baby. Nice assumptions you made. You think time played = good player. That doesn't mean anything. There are plenty of people have played more hours, yet are worse. You seem to fit that niche by your toxic comments. You sit here and post on forums instead of actually playing the game. You are not bringing anything to the table except your ineptitude.

Competition drives players. CSGO, Unreal Tournies, Quake are perfect examples.
 
Last edited:

s5yn3t

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
2,186
212
63
I'm sorry but i've crossed the 1900 hour mark while you probably sit at 300.

And you just made a pointless example of listing those 3 game that are at their core A Competitive PVP 1st person shooters.
Ofc the competition will drive players.

While KF2 Is a CO-OP 6 man Horde Survival game that emphasises teamwork to survive till the end... Not to kill most players and get most mvp stars to rank up from silver to mg1 you freakin baguette.
And the only close thing that kf2 has in terms of pvp is a versus mode that no one gives a rats ass, not even developers at this point.

So again no.
The whole leaderboard idea will just bring out more assholes into the playing field, focusing only onto themself and then brag how many kills they got or how far they reached the wave while playing solo.
 

Ic0n0clast

Member
Aug 7, 2018
83
4
8
32
TEXAAAASSSSS
s5yn3t;n2331766 said:
And judging by your reply, you're a basic player with probably a bit over 100 hours in the game, that hasn't experienced the game fully with its vast variety of player base and whole mental state of the game.
​​​​​
Leaderboards don't bring more people into the game, content and marketing does.

And saying the game doesn't have to be a team game when at its core it is, means you're one of those who thinks he's better at the game than anyone else, and this whole suggestion is nothing more than to just add another stat showcase to boast about.

Now i'm gonna sit here and wait for your another basic attempt at insulting me.
I have 800 hours played. Maxed prestiged. I said solo, two, three, four, five, six men. AS A TEAM, you are looking to clear the floors together in the quickest way. You did not read my comment and instead assumed things, like an ignorant spoiled brat. Play time means little when you are not advancing as a player. When I first bought the game, I was already better than most you played 1k+ hours so the your play time irrelevant.

Keep venting your anger on here. It's hilarious how easily triggered you are. You should seek counseling.
 
Last edited:

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
2,324
113
63
Belgium
Ic0n0clast;n2331765 said:
Calm down soy boy.
Honestly, using "soy boy" and "triggered" unironically already sets the tone.

Crawl back into the game to earn your **** rewards mate.