• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Heavy Stutter between waves

Gordyne

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 4, 2015
First, specs:

i5-3570K 3.4 Ghz
8GB DDR3
GTX 970 4GB
600W PSU

In game settings most on ultra/high and Flex set to "Gibs" only(no fluids)

Second, my problem:

Heavy stutter(or FPS fluctuation) BETWEEN WAVES. As if fps goes crazy between 20-60...

Even Looking at the ground(which renders less stuff) still present heavy stutter.

Stutter goes away completely after the wave starts and steady 60 fps during the wave(only drops a bit if the **** hits the fan REALLY hard)

I play KF 2 since the early access and this issue started happening after a few patches.

Some help, please?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry for the late reply.
It happened when playing online(happens in 90% of later waves like 4 and up to 7 or 10).
I asked some guys that were playing with me and they said they don't have this issue...

I don't remember it happening when playing solo offline but I will test it(today probably) and post results here.

Also, it doesn't seem to be a lag spike(rubberbanding). Controls are responsive, but even looking around while standing still becomes incredibly choppy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally had time to test it and I managed to find out what the problem was:

I had tweaked my .ini files ages ago to get better performance. Then some time ago I reinstalled KF2 but the old .ini remained the same.

How stupid of me, hehehe.

I deleted the config folder and KF2 created it after running, which fixed the problem :)

Thanks for the help anyway, have a nice week!

Upvote 0