• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HDR Bloom Causes Blur - Sorry if this has already been posted

kikinchaz

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 17, 2006
Hey All,

Just had a random BSOD crash from RO then :p All working now. Anyway :

After reading something about bloom i triggered my mind. When i first bought the game i had all settings on full, bloom on etc and my vision was blurred when i got in the game. I asked in the chat on the server and was told to turn off bloom. This stopped the bluryness. Has this been fixed?

*Update* I just enabled HDR bloom...and there seemed to be no difference? No bloom or anything :S Whats going on?

Regards,
ChaZ

**Edit** : Okay so i restarted the game and indeed HDR Bloom does still cause the Blurring. But also i see no signs of HDR Bloom in the process of this :p So what is actualy going on? HDR Bloom causing blur but no actual bloom!? Can anyone explain?

Last edited:
Err, so I take it correctly you actually think the blurring of bloom is abug or what?

I don't think so, that's excatly how this effect works.

Hence, when your rig is capable of running FSAA and AF, you should opt for that instead of bloom as it will give you better graphics.

The bloom effect is not proper HDR and that's why it only blurrs everything to somehwat make up for it.

It does have the effect of anti-aliasing to a certain extend and surely slower systems can profit from it.
However, if you are running a quite modern one, enable FSAA and AF (I'd recommend at least 4x/8x, if not 6x/16x if you system can handle it) in your driver options, since the game lacks any support for it.

Upvote 0