• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Have you ever seen a buggier release?

Bad Company 2 for PS3 was also buggy and it was developed by DICE and backed by EA! TWI is a small company compared to those games. i BFBC2 it sometimes resets my stats to 0 and it never gets the winning screen correct. If i win it says you lost and if i loose it sais you won! WTF man its been almoust a year from its release.

Upvote 0
Bahahaha.

This is child's play. Just some optimization issues and broken features.

Fallout 3 + New Vegas both jump right into mind. Both those games have been out for ages, and even with Bethesda patches and community patches, the game is still bugged out the *** to the point of being barely functional. Didn't stop me from having fun with them, but I still get regular CTDs, bizzare graphical glitches, and hilarious animation/collision/etc. errors.

Team Fortress 2 was a broken, buggy mess when it first came out, but Valve is a good company and people don't even remember that now.

Supreme Commander was so poorly optimized on release it literally melted my graphics card despite being able to run most games on High graphics.

****, Crysis is considered a trial by fire for PC owners precisely BECAUSE the engine is such ****. It's like the devs never even heard the word optimization. Not to mention the MOUNTAIN of issues that came with it.

Seriously, if you play PC games regularly, you learn very quickly to expect the game to be almost unplayable for the first two weeks. The problem comes from their inability to develop for hardware they do not have. Developing for consoles is easy, as everyone has the same hardware and OS. Developing for PC is a -nightmare-, as NOBODY has the same hardware, OS, etc.

It's just a fact of life.

Reactions: Kreon
Upvote 0