• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Hans Beta Feedback

Lieutenant Skittles

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 4, 2014
I just wanted to say first off I really like this update a lot. The SWAT Perk feels amazing and the changes made to some of the perks were pretty spot on. I think this might be the best update since Return of the Patriarch. There's just one problem. Hans. I feel like Hans has been a lingering problem ever since day one of Early Access. He started off pretty annoying, with his aimbot guns and nerve gas that stacked. Then after the Incinerate and Detonate update he turned into the melee chaining monster most of us are familiar with. A few updates later, Hans was made more interesting. Instead of just waiting for him to leech off one person and unavoidably heal, he could have his shield destroyed, which could interrupt or stop his healing phase. With this update, Hans is even more broken then he has ever been before. He may have less health then he did before, and you can destroy his shield easier, but good luck trying to hit him with how much he evades. Let's go through a list of problems he has.

-He evades too damn much. I can't land two consecutive AA12 shots on him because he won't stay still at all.

-Every time he evades he gets slightly closer to you, and much faster than if he was running normally. This means he can get within melee range of you much quicker than he could before.

-His grenade throw animation is much quicker. This makes him able to get out his guns faster or start charging a player faster.

-He can throw grenades while running while in his last few phases. So if he's already charging you and he decides to throw grenades, he isn't going to stop and give you breathing room, he will just melee you and you'll get hit by explosives in the process too.

-He doesn't run far enough away during his healing phase for you to kill the Zeds that spawn with him. Most times if he grabs you all the Zeds that spawned will still be alive.

-His damage was buffed again. I don't know why. Now you can't hit him and he destroys you with his never-ending wombo combo of melee attacks.

Hans is once again as total mess. Something needs to be done. If you get Hans on a Hell on Earth match it means you are dead. You better hope you are a Berserker or else you won't be able to withstand any of his melee attacks. My thoughts are this:

Evade

-Give his evade a cooldown. He doesn't need to be dodging my bullets 24/7.

or

-Remove his evade entirely. He already has block, and he barely uses it in favor of evading. He does not need both.

Grenades

-Have him moving while throwing grenades a random chance. It doesn't feel good to watch him sprint towards you while chucking gas grenades in your face every single time.

Healing

-Have him run farther away so you have some time to deal with the minions that he spawns.

or

-Make it so no minions spawn at all. I never understood why Zeds spawn when he never calls for help. For the Patriarch it makes sense but not for Hans.

Damage

-He does way too much damage in his current state. Even on solo the damage he does is ridiculous.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Yeah I agree Hans is a little worse. Although, I wouldn't call him a total mess either. I actually liked him as he was just before the update I thought his damage was pretty balanced. Multiple supports (<3 support) absolutely destroy him though if they can all manage to stay alive. I like the evade cooldown idea. My problem with evade right now is that hes moving so fast it kinda seems like hes glitching and skipping around. So maybe reducing his speed a little bit with this evasive maneuvers .

Upvote 0
I don't know for sure... I feel that he is a little more on par with the Patriarch now. Prior to the update, I felt that Hans got fairly easy... I managed to bring down his shield almost everytime and his hits felt...Weaker than the Patty's . Also,I don't know about you but I never managed to finish Pat's before he was able to heal...

So yeah, it's nice that I'm now frightened to fight BOTH now. Instead of going "oh **** me ,it's Kevin" or "Meh, it's just Hans"

Upvote 0
Aleflippy;n2266926 said:
I don't know for sure... I feel that he is a little more on par with the Patriarch now. Prior to the update, I felt that Hans got fairly easy... I managed to bring down his shield almost everytime and his hits felt...Weaker than the Patty's . Also,I don't know about you but I never managed to finish Pat's before he was able to heal...

So yeah, it's nice that I'm now frightened to fight BOTH now. Instead of going "oh **** me ,it's Kevin" or "Meh, it's just Hans"

hard to tell so soon, heavily depends on players numbers, perks, difficulty. patty was easy to finish off sooner if you placed a lot of c4 on him at the start, and had help from others.

Upvote 0
Hans is really good in his state, he can stay evasive all he wants, BUT! If he were to get a cool down, it should be after he does 3 evades, then a 5 second cooldown. However, him being evasive isn't my biggest issue with him(I can still land consistent shots), he's really fun to fight with his blocking, evasive manuevers and grenade sprinting(speaking from solo perspective as a level 10 swat on suicidal). My biggest issue is the size difference between Hans and Patty. Hans is small but Patty is big, so why can billions of shots with my smgs not at least stumble him back a bit or even knock him down? In his final phase, he runs up to my face and spams melee, and that's really annoying. AA-12 Spam? No stumble. So heres my proposition: Make Hans frail, easy to stumble and knockdown while big ol' Patty requires much more shots. Though, I think his tactics with grenades need an overhaul since he plops them down infront of me. What I've thought is that he could throw his gas grenades and explosive grenades all over the place rather than towards me(blocking off doors and any exits) and possibly have an extended gas time, like 1 or 2 minutes so they can effectively block off areas. I would also like 1 new grenade from Hans because explosives and poison is getting old and dull, especially when they miss a lot. Maybe an EMP grenade that slows down players, that would be nice. That's all I got, and I'm hoping the game gets much more amazing than it is now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TheTCREngineer;n2266939 said:
Hans is really good in his state, he can stay evasive all he wants, BUT! If he were to get a cool down, it should be after he does 3 evades, then a 5 second cooldown. However, him being evasive isn't my biggest issue with him(I can still land consistent shots), he's really fun to fight with his blocking, evasive manuevers and grenade sprinting(speaking from solo perspective as a level 10 swat on suicidal). My biggest issue is the size difference between Hans and Patty. Hans is small but Patty is big, so why can billions of shots with my smgs not at least stumble him back a bit or even knock him down? In his final phase, he runs up to my face and spams melee, and that's really annoying. AA-12 Spam? No stumble. So heres my proposition: Make Hans frail, easy to stumble and knockdown while big ol' Patty requires much more shots. Though, I think his tactics with grenades need an overhaul since he plops them down infront of me. What I've thought is that he could throw his gas grenades and explosive grenades all over the place rather than towards me(blocking off doors and any exits) and possibly have an extended gas time, like 1 or 2 minutes so they can effectively block off areas. I would also like 1 new grenade from Hans because explosives and poison is getting old and dull, especially when they miss a lot. Maybe an EMP grenade that slows down players, that would be nice. That's all I got, and I'm hoping the game gets much more amazing than it is now.

i had a similar impression on solo, however in MP things get uglier a lot quicker with hans than with patt IMO when you start loosing teammates. to soon to tell for sure tough.

dunno about stumble since an exo suit could provide better balance support than 1 mechanical leg (probably demerit).

overall a more fun fight regardless of difficulty. need a few options that reward skill when encountering him 1 on 1. for example concentrating fire on 1 part of the suit and if you reach certain dmg in certain time you could cause an electronic failure stumble.

Upvote 0
Solo play on Hell on Earth is where the majority of my Killing Floor experience is. Every time I get Hans I just expect to die because by the end of my first phase I've normally lost all my armor just because I can't hit him consistently with my AA12 or SCAR or whatever. His evade needs a cooldown or something. Because him being the Wesker of Killing Floor 2 is not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Upvote 0