• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Halftracks, light tanks, and future updates.

The first thing that comes to mind for me is, "Well you have to be able to get out of the half track, will there be a animation for climbing over the edge, or getting out the back?"

during my interview with Wilsonam last year at PAX, i asked him this very question......his answer was Yes, there will be animations for exiting the transports.....although he didn't specify how they'd be getting out.

Reactions: Extension7
Upvote 0
during my interview with Wilsonam last year at PAX, i asked him this very question......his answer was Yes, there will be animations for exiting the transports.....although he didn't specify how they'd be getting out.

Sweet! Thanks for the info.

Now guys, what about future updates? What else do you think can be added to the game? More vehicles? Weapons? Gamemodes?

Upvote 0
FFS, Halo has animations for entering and exiting vehicles, is halo more realistic? what I'm trying to say here, is that the fact that the addition of the animations is being doubted is really pissing me off, i don't care if they take a month more just because of them and it costs more money, at the end of the day small things like those define the overall quality of the product specially to an outsider watching a gameplay video or something, so if tripwire wants to invite Mr. gaymer joe then it helps too.

Hell, some of you guys where pissed at the font on the new title/box art being "cheap" (or of low quality) and thus making random people who see it think so as well.

Answer :

Yes it makes Halo more realistic. For those who don't understand the answer. Most things in games resemble real world perceptions. If they didn't. It would be an extremely hard game to understand. So whether its a Jurassic tribal game, modern day shopping simulator or futuristic alien space fighter. There is plenty of "Real life" in them. We model dinosaurs based on our knowledge of dinosaurs. We model people and peoples movement based on what could imaginably be possible and even our aliens are just adaptations of ourself or other animals.

It would be unrealistic to teleport into a vehicle in any game unless the games lore suggested that you "teleport" into vehicles. Even then, They'd probably animate some sort of spell effect!

Animations for things like these really add authenticity to a game. An Aesthetic value which ultimately leads to replayability. And lets not forget having good graphics is one thing but if those graphics don't move in a good way then you have good graphics moving badly. Alternatively you can have bad graphics moving goodly =)

Last edited:
Upvote 0