• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Hacking someone username

Not sure if you can do the old fake space or not for usernames (I won't say how but computer savvy people that know ascii characters know what I mean) used to create these in DOS for folder names and no one would ever know they were there (invisible folders), meaning they could put it at the end or beginning of any ones username and no one would ever know it was there and it would look exactly like the same username.

But as Worluk said when you ban a player in game it's not by username, sure that would be the way you'd find in game who you want to ban but it's by their unique identifier or number and can be done by IP, that they truly get banned by.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its always either "Someone hacked my name." or "My little brother did it. I swear." :rolleyes:
I've been doing this for too long :eek:

As was explained, when you ban someone, you ban the ID or IP, NOT the name. So even if his name was hacked, he wouldn't be banned.

The only possibilities would be if they were both online at the same time and you got the wrong one. Or if you banned him from reading logfiles and (again) you got the wrong one.

Upvote 0
Yeah I know all the woe is me stories about it wasn"t me . I have told the other admins to start taking screenshots when possible that should help . I know ban/kick is by Global ID I am sure I got the right guy . His screen name was really simple and I checked for people who might be trying to mimic nobody was even close to the same name . This guy was acting up on text using the N word which we will not tolerate . :mad: Anyway we will keep an eye on him and if it happens again he will be gone for good .

Upvote 0
We don't tolerate people using the Neighbor word either. Won't you be my Neighbor??? You bunch of Neighbors.

That's what it is when you're safe and sound in your cellar and no one can touch you it brings out all kinds of idiots. I see or deal with stuff every day and the best part is I'm probably old enough to be almost 1/4 to 1/2 of the communities father... :D

Someday they'll create a way to reach through the computer so you can simply deck the ignorant idiots and I hear they are working on something like that in Game 2... :D:D:D

Upvote 0
Clown you and me both Bud I am old enough to be some of these peeps grandpa . I was born and raised in the south an was living in Memphis when Martin Luther King was killed . I still remember white only drinking fountains and being called Mr by 60 year old black men when I was a kid .

Anyway I did not mean to get into a rant I just have a low tolerance for idiots . :mad:

Upvote 0