• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gunslinger inconsistency regarding reload

kreso5

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2012
You might be thinking of which incosistency am I talking about.
I'm talking about transition from ZED to normal time and normal to ZED time.
When you relaod during ZED time, and it ends, reload continues in same pace (slowing it down), but if ZED time kicks in during reload, your animation stays same, basically rendering ZED time pointless, unless you somehow managed to change to other weapon and then reload.

It would be lovely if this was looked at, it's rather annoying.

Isn't this the same thing for every zed-time related perk-skill?

Demo's Nuke works only if you fire IN zed time, not INTO it (aka fire before zed time, grenade explodes in zed time).
As mentioned Mando's Professional skill.
Support's barrage.

Think that's all of them, but the transition to zed time isn't smooth. Could be reworked. :) *Should* be reworked, if possible. :p

Upvote 0
I can't remember where it was posted but it was explained about the reload entering zed time. Basically it's the check for zed time. They would have to check for the zed time starting during each frame of the animation which would slow things down. So if you are reloading before zed time starts your zed time skill does not kick in and your reload slows down. I imagine it would be the same for the opposite - if your reloading and zed time ends, you finish that reload at the same speed. After that it would return to normal speed. I don't believe they can change it.

EDIT - Here's the original quote from Bad@Chaos -

bad@chaos;n2274512 said:
I'm no programmer but from what I understand how Zed Time works; the game would basically need to check every single frame if ZT is active in order to correct. This is proven to be very taxing and its much easier to only check at the beginning of the animations.

And the thread is here -

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.c...274141-demolitionist-reload-skill-not-working

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Rafin The Red;n2276065 said:
I can't remember where it was posted but it was explained about the reload entering zed time. Basically it's the check for zed time. They would have to check for the zed time starting during each frame of the animation which would slow things down. So if you are reloading before zed time starts your zed time skill does not kick in and your reload slows down. I imagine it would be the same for the opposite - if your reloading and zed time ends, you finish that reload at the same speed. After that it would return to normal speed. I don't believe they can change it.

What's the point of checking every frame for ZED time, when they can make it send signal to reloads (can be at most 6) to speed up?

PS: I'm not developer (yet), but I believe that could be done.

Upvote 0
TheUndying;n2276063 said:
Isn't this the same thing for every zed-time related perk-skill?

Demo's Nuke works only if you fire IN zed time, not INTO it (aka fire before zed time, grenade explodes in zed time).
As mentioned Mando's Professional skill.
Support's barrage.

Think that's all of them, but the transition to zed time isn't smooth. Could be reworked. :) *Should* be reworked, if possible. :p

There is a lot of bugs happening on zed time, you mentioned the demo nuke for example, sometimes you shoot the granate launcher at one direction and it dosent go at the direction you aim, it goes in the direction you WAS aiming at the time zedtime starts, its an very annoying bug, I think TW should test more ZT mechanics, I doubt its too hard to fix those bugs.

Upvote 0