• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

GTX 950 - flex?

infntnub

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Pennsylvania
Just curious - even though this is below the NVidia published minimum requirements I see others posting about running FLEX options with cards also beneath the minimum reqs.

Does anyone know if a 950 can run it at all?

Does playing with lower resolution and some other bells and whistles off help for a card like the 950 to run FLEX? Even if it's only the gibs?

I see youtube videos that claim to be produced with 950s and have FLEX on but they are from last Fall so I don't know if that's still valid.

-edit-

Here's an article from the summer of 2015 - which again, may no longer be relevant, saying it can run it:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/asus-geforce-gtx-950-strix,4270.html#p3

I can't find anything in black and white on the NVidia site. I'm trying to find the cheapest GPU I can buy that can achieve this and I'm staring at the 950 thinking it may be a perfect match but trying to filter through the misinformation I find on the web.

Last edited:
Not sure about GTX 950 but I'm playing with GTX 960 Windforce 4GB. This let me play on 1080p with flex turned on (gibs & fluids) and everything on ultra and all is turned on but I have drops even to 30 fps if we have demo class and full server.

Hmm just curious - if you downsized resolution and chose to not play on 1080 would your fps improve? Mind you, this is with FLEX remaining on.

I'm interested to know your answer. :)

Upvote 0
I tested it with 900p and i turned off realtime reflection and HBAO+ then i got around 45-60 fps but its around 55 most of the time.The worst thing is demo and his explosions that make a lot of gibs that sucks... Anyway I prefer on playing all maxed out with flex even if it's drops to 30 fps. You know I have found solutions for this, just don't turn on any fps counter if dont look at the fps you may not feel this fps drops and just play. There are few options ;

(fps that im writing is from combat with 6 players(suicidal), on trader time it's even 120fps...) + i5-6600

1080p all maxed with flex = ~35 fps
900p all maxed with flex = ~50
900p flex no realtimereflections and no HBAO+ = ~60fps
1080p maxed out but without flex = stable 60
1080p maxed and flex gibs(no fluids) only = ~45

It's all depend on situation you are looking at... these valuse are on high streset situation most of the time its better
Edit; Mine Gigabyte GTX960 is also overclocked to 1505 Mhz core(+125Mhz) and +200Mhz to memory (it's extra around 3 fps)

Last edited:
Upvote 0