• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grenades a little weak?

CaptRanger

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 15, 2006
www.highest-degree.com
First, thanks for the great game TW! Best part is that it's only getting better...

Anyway, just thought I'd ask everyone's opinion about whether they think the grenades (both side's) lack some punch. I don't personally use nades that often, so I'm not trolling to raise my kills stats or something. It's just that I've literally been standing right next to them on many occasions as they've exploded and didn't even get wounded, much less killed.

I don't know a whole lot about WWII grenades, but from my experience in the modern Army, I know they are a very lethal tool. Does anyone else think they are a bit under-modeled in this game?

I'm not an expert, but IIRC the german grenade is explosive only, no fragmentation. The russian one is a frag grenade definitely.

I think maybe give them both more punch, but the russian one a bigger damage radius. It would be an interesting asymmetrical balance where the german nade can be thrown farther but is less devastating, and the russian nade can't be thrown very far but flings frag shrapnel in decent radius.

They need to fix the sound too. Unless you're right on top of one you can barely hear the explosion. Sometimes I can't hear it all and I'm force to wonder if they modeled dud explosives in the game hahah

Upvote 0
I agree. But my greatest wish with the grenades is that they would SOUND powerful. Right now they are muffled and weak sounding when they explode. I LOVE the strong sound of a grenade explosion that usually comes with games. I'd love to see these buffed on the audio aspect.

In real life, grenades (again I've only dealt with modern ones) make a very strong bass thud, similar to what's in RO2. Most other games I've played make the grenade sounds way too theatrical. I agree the sound in RO2 needs some work, but it's a lot closer to reality than most, in my opinion.

Upvote 0