• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good Team Leaders

melipone

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 22, 2006
Lets talk about some of the best team leaders we've seen so far

Yesterday I had the pleasure to play with a guy called Panikakha on the 40-1 realism server. He led the allies to victory on Commissars House (captured all objectives), then Fallen Fighters (again total capture twice).

People listened to him, they formed up in positions before attacking as he ordered, he complimented players for getting into good flanking positions, he used Recons to spot enemies and inform players, told people were tanks where, suggested where to put smoke etc. If anyone wants to learn how to lead a team to victory take notes from this guy

There are a few others I've seen too, someone from the MERC clan. I hope to get a good list of players so I can join whatever server they're on :D

I had the honor to serve under [40-1] MORD for a couple of rounds early on. It's a shame that I haven't seem him playing commander since, he was really good.
THE GUNNER DOYLE is another great commander. He plays a lot on the 40-1 server as well but only realism I'm afraid. I believe he's Irish (could be wrong, English is not my best language).

Upvote 0
Pastor Steve. I played a lot today with this guy and it was so fun. Really I can hardly remember if i have played this game with such an interest. He gave us orders, we attacked in groups, assaults cleared bunkers,trenches, mg's covered it was fantastic Thanks Pastor Steve for great teamwork!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lets talk about some of the best team leaders we've seen so far

Yesterday I had the pleasure to play with a guy called Panikakha on the 40-1 realism server. He led the allies to victory on Commissars House (captured all objectives), then Fallen Fighters (again total capture twice).

People listened to him, they formed up in positions before attacking as he ordered, he complimented players for getting into good flanking positions, he used Recons to spot enemies and inform players, told people were tanks where, suggested where to put smoke etc. If anyone wants to learn how to lead a team to victory take notes from this guy

There are a few others I've seen too, someone from the MERC clan. I hope to get a good list of players so I can join whatever server they're on :D

Panikakha made the transition to RO:II? Damn, I always always loved playing alongside the man during Ostfront.

Upvote 0
Pastor Steve. I played a lot today with this guy and it was so fun. Really I can hardly remember if i have played this game with such an interest. He gave us orders, we attacked in groups, assaults cleared bunkers,trenches, mg's covered it was fantastic Thanks Pastor Steve for great teamwork!

Pastor Steve? Really. I give him 2 things. He talked a lot and tried to coordinate. But he lacked the experience and the knowledge of the maps so his orders where mostly useless and random voice spam.

I give him credit for trying though but he has a lot to learn which is what makes RO so great.
@Pastor Steve no offense mate. It is great to enforce teamwork and coordination of attacks but you might want to hang back and analyze a bit more before you do that.
One last remark @Pastor Steve: Please do not try to discuss politics (especially those of the 1940's) over the voice chat ingame. Not only could this be seen as offensive to some but it disrupts the gameplay immensely. Also you should watch your language a bit more as we try to be a bit more of a mature community. Otherwise go ahead but maybe try the squad voice channel first.

Great TL for me are Lezardo, HAM, Babyfish7k ??? to name a few.

Upvote 0
Pastor Steve? Really. I give him 2 things. He talked a lot and tried to coordinate. But he lacked the experience and the knowledge of the maps so his orders where mostly useless and random voice spam....few.

I had the pleasure of playing with Steve last night (European time). It was great fun! I thought he was leading decently. Even though we were losing some rounds, it at least felt like we were trying.
It's hard for me to tell how much experience he has since I am not that experienced myself. But we were nevertheless making some sort of progress.

I have to say though, towards the end he was getting a little weird! Asking us what food he should order and went afk for a short while to actually order something...no offence but a leader or someone who thinks he can give orders should not do that!

Cheers!

Upvote 0
THE GUNNER DOYLE is another great commander. He plays a lot on the 40-1 server as well but only realism I'm afraid. I believe he's Irish (could be wrong, English is not my best language).

I agree Gunner is a great commander and hes Irish. Im trying to get this stuborn realism maniac to our classic server. I wont give up easy :D

Upvote 0