• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

KF Golden Gun toggle

piggsy

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 3, 2013
I just bought the 2nd golden gun pack and now i can only use the golden guns, i understand that they probably don't want me to have 2 different AA-12's at the same time, but i don't like the fact the gun is always golden now can you please add a toggle so i can have the regular skin back

Kind of frustrating cause I only occasionally use the gold ones... Not happy with being restricted to just the gold ones. I understand 2 Flamethrowers or AA12s could make an imbalance, but why can't they just make it so you can't have both at once? I'd like to freely decide which I use without toggling an option on the menu... and that option isn't even present currently. But hey this is the only thing I don't like about the update thus far sp props TW.

Upvote 0
Because apparently tripwire doesn't want people to have both similar weapons at once.

Yes, I'm aware there would still be an extra clip.

It isn't that there would be an extra clip. It's that you would have double the weight for the same amount of ammo.

And for the love of God, WHO THE EFF REALLY CARES? Who actually thinks "You know, in this game, I want to have standard looking weapons." and then two games later "I have to have golden weapons now to show those specimens who is boss."

Christ people, this game isn't about accessorization.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*Raises hand meekly* I care. I like the look of both of them, but with some weapons I prefer the originals, and others the gold reskins. I wouldn't want to be stuck with the Gold AK, nor would I never want to see the Pimp Gun (Golden CS) again.

Using your logic, Nutter, you would want everyone to only use the Axe, Pumpy and Hunting as a Support, Crossbow and Handcannon as a Sharp, and Flamethrower and Mac 10 as a Firebug; because WHO THE EFF REALLY CARES ABOUT VARIETY??!!??!1!

Just because you don't want this doesn't mean that everyone else doesn't.

Upvote 0
It isn't that there would be an extra clip. It's that you would have double the weight for the same amount of ammo.
Good, it's silly having 2 AA12's, that's why people do it, and they can laugh about it, with a shared ammunition pool. Then, not actually use that combo as it's so impractical.
It seems like a good solution to me.
Keeps the "I want to dual AK's and have a laugh" people happy, and it keeps the "I don't wanna see stupid people with even more AA12 spam" people happy too.

Upvote 0