• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gimli that Axe bug

Even the desription of this achievement says "Get the Not-a-war-hammer Achievement in Dwarfs!?". Dwarfs!? not Dwarfs!? F2P.

Yeah, I just wasted some hours of my life on the cheevo (hint: Endless Mode does not count -> only Arcade), only to still not get it in KF, despite having done what KF told me to do.
At least upon starting a new game in the F2P version I was immediately given the cheevo, and once I walked around for a few moments on MoonBase I also got the KF one.

Upvote 0
well got the achievement in Dwarfs F2P and nothing going on in KF...
Don't have the achievment "Gimli that Axe" nor is it possible to just buy it at the trader...

What should i do?

I have a friend who also has unlocked the achievement in F2P.
However it wont unlock the Gimli that Ax achievement in KF.
They have tried to go on a moonbase map to, but it still hasnt unlocked.

Any ideas?

Is this achievement blocked until another Xmas event?

Upvote 0
I have a friend who also has unlocked the achievement in F2P.
However it wont unlock the Gimli that Ax achievement in KF.
They have tried to go on a moonbase map to, but it still hasnt unlocked.

Any ideas?

Is this achievement blocked until another Xmas event?

Step 1:
Go to your Steam Profile

Step 2:
Click on "Edit My Profile"

Step 3:
Click on Settings

Step 4:
Set your Profile Status and Inventory to Public

Upvote 0
Simple run down for anyone else with questions:

You must get Not A War Hammer in Dwarfs!? Free to Play for the achievement Gimli That Axe! and the axe to unlock in Killing Floor. Your profile must be set to public for this to work. Purchasing the full version of Dwarfs!? will also unlock the axe but will not give you the achievement. Unlocking Not A War Hammer in the full version of Dwarfs!? will also not give you the Gimli That Axe! achievement.

You cannot pull the axe from the rock on Moon Base even if you have all the achievements in all versions of Dwarfs!? and Killing Floor. Instead, purchase the axe at the trader's store.

Now my issue is that I have done the necessary goals and gotten the Not A War Hammer achievement in Dwarfs!? Free to Play but cannot unlock the Not A War Hammer achievement in Dwarfs!? full retail, despite having fulfilled the conditions and the two generally sharing their achievements. I've posted about this in the Dwarfs!? subforum, but nobody ever goes there, so I don't know if the issue will ever be figured out.

Upvote 0
Simple run down for anyone else with questions:

You must get Not A War Hammer in Dwarfs!? Free to Play for the achievement Gimli That Axe! and the axe to unlock in Killing Floor. Your profile must be set to public for this to work. Purchasing the full version of Dwarfs!? will also unlock the axe but will not give you the achievement. Unlocking Not A War Hammer in the full version of Dwarfs!? will also not give you the Gimli That Axe! achievement.

You cannot pull the axe from the rock on Moon Base even if you have all the achievements in all versions of Dwarfs!? and Killing Floor. Instead, purchase the axe at the trader's store.

Now my issue is that I have done the necessary goals and gotten the Not A War Hammer achievement in Dwarfs!? Free to Play but cannot unlock the Not A War Hammer achievement in Dwarfs!? full retail, despite having fulfilled the conditions and the two generally sharing their achievements. I've posted about this in the Dwarfs!? subforum, but nobody ever goes there, so I don't know if the issue will ever be figured out.

Just play the free version and the achievement unlocks. I did that and it worked. And I have the full version too.

Upvote 0
Just play the free version and the achievement unlocks. I did that and it worked. And I have the full version too.

Oh, I have. I have 23 achievements in Dwarfs!? Free to Play, but only 22 in Dwarfs!? retail. They are supposed to transfer between the games, but for some reason this one achievement doesn't, and it refuses to unlock for me in retail. It's not a huge problem (I have the axe and all, as well as the Killing Floor achievement), but it annoys me a bit.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have the axe unlocked in Killing Floor and have gotten the Gimli That Axe! achievement in Killing Floor.

I'm having an issue with the Not A War Hammer achievement not unlocking in Dwarfs!? retail. I have unlocked the achievement in Dwarfs!? Free to Play, but for some reason it has not transferred between the two games the way all the other achievements have (I admit I even unlocked another achievement last night just to test if it would transfer properly, and it did). In fact the achievement doesn't even appear in the list of possible awards in Dwarfs!? retail (but does appear in the list of achievements for the retail version in Steam), though again, it does in Dwarfs!? Free to Play. It's a Dwarfs!? technical issue of some kind, so I posted about it in their forum on these boards, but I doubt I will ever get a reply.

Anyway, my main reason for posting in here was to try and help folks who haven't gotten the axe for various reasons so that they can enjoy its gibby goodness. Because anything that makes a fleshpound explode into a fine red mist is fun to mess around with from time to time.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have the axe unlocked in Killing Floor and have gotten the Gimli That Axe! achievement in Killing Floor.

I'm having an issue with the Not A War Hammer achievement not unlocking in Dwarfs!? retail. I have unlocked the achievement in Dwarfs!? Free to Play, but for some reason it has not transferred between the two games the way all the other achievements have (I admit I even unlocked another achievement last night just to test if it would transfer properly, and it did). In fact the achievement doesn't even appear in the list of possible awards in Dwarfs!? retail (but does appear in the list of achievements for the retail version in Steam), though again, it does in Dwarfs!? Free to Play. It's a Dwarfs!? technical issue of some kind, so I posted about it in their forum on these boards, but I doubt I will ever get a reply.

Anyway, my main reason for posting in here was to try and help folks who haven't gotten the axe for various reasons so that they can enjoy its gibby goodness. Because anything that makes a fleshpound explode into a fine red mist is fun to mess around with from time to time.

What the? You should go to the dwarfs technical area then if its an issue with getting an achievement in Dwarfs?!

Upvote 0
What the? You should go to the dwarfs technical area then if its an issue with getting an achievement in Dwarfs?!

I've posted about this in the Dwarfs!? subforum, but nobody ever goes there, so I don't know if the issue will ever be figured out.

See? Not that I think his problem will be solved in this forum but it's worth a try.

Upvote 0