• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gewehrgranatgerat (rifle grenade device) for K98!

How about the 20mm Solothurn S-18/100 by Rheinmetall ? It's heavy as heck ofcourse (40 kg), but perhaps it could be provided as a two man team weapon? But then again, that might be asking just abit too much :D

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-189-1250-11,_Russland-S%C3%BCd,_Soldat_mit_Panzerb%C3%BCchse.jpg

Bundesarchiv_Bild_101I-189-1250-10%2C_Russland-S%C3%BCd%2C_Soldat_mit_Panzerb%C3%BCchse.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Technical issues aside, what possible purpose could that beast of an AT rifle serve? The regular PzB 39 is good enough for dealing with lighter tanks like the T-70 and the T-26 or BT series we might see in some later content pack, and they would both be insufficient to knock out a T-34, so...

To be honest I favor adding the PzB 39 as-well, the Solothurn I mentioned mostly for fun. First of all it would take a lot of animation and 3D modelling to perfect, esp. considering that it'd have to be a two man weapon.

That having been said it wouldn't be powerless against the T-34, being able to penetrate 46mm of RHA at 100 meters, so aiming for the lower side hull it could puncture the armor.

Also lets remember that the PTRS wasn't a one man weapon either, it was very heavy at some 20.3 kg, and as such wasn't carried by just one man.

The PzB 39 weighs 12.6 kg.

Upvote 0
Also lets remember that the PTRS wasn't a one man weapon either, it was very heavy at some 20.3 kg, and as such wasn't carried by just one man.

The PzB 39 weighs 12.6 kg.

There was two men in the PTRD/PTRS team, but it was indeed possible to carry the gun by one man and it often was carried alone. The another soldier was assistent, whose job was spotting and loading the gun (especially goes with PTRD). On the other hand, Solothurn was virtually impossible to be carried alone. Ofcourse also PTRD/PTRS was often carried by two men to ease up the job, but it wasn

Upvote 0
There was two men in the PTRD/PTRS team, but it was indeed possible to carry the gun by one man and it often was carried alone. The another soldier was assistent, whose job was spotting and loading the gun (especially goes with PTRD). On the other hand, Solothurn was virtually impossible to be carried alone. Ofcourse also PTRD/PTRS was often carried by two men to ease up the job, but it wasn

Upvote 0